Music Business Podcast
Unlocking Revenue Beyond Streaming & Touring with Alix Kram, Warner Music Group VP/Head of Global Retail & Licensing/Consumer Products
In this episode, we sit down with Alix Kram the VP/Head of Global Retail & Licensing/Consumer Products at Warner Music Group. She has developed and implemented global consumer products, branding, marketing, partnership collaboration, and retail strategies for WEA's portfolio of 360 artists such as the Grateful Dead, Wiz Khalifa, Logic, Twenty One Pilots, The Monkees, Frank Sinatra, Blake Shelton, and art collectives such as Family Dog.
In this episode we discuss…
- Her process for identifying opportunities that align best for an artist and their community
- When artists should consider tapping into a product licensing revenue stream
- How product licensing is evolving into virtual experiences in manners such as Wiz Khalifa’s Weed Farm Game
- What merchandising products artists sell the most of on tour and in retail
- The value of relationships in the music industry and how to navigate face to face conversations
As always never hesitate to leave a review or reach out to @musicbusinesspodcast Instagram with any feedback or ideas. Thank you for listening!