Music Business Podcast
Balancing Business, Music and Life with Gavin Chops
In this episode, we sit down with Gavin Chops, touring drummer for rising star Chelsea Culter, artist, and co-founder of management company Bear and Owl. Artists signed to his management company include Hazey Eyes, Mike Kota, OTREI AMI, SŸDE, and Ukiyo. Gavin has been able to perform at such legendary venues and festivals as Red Rocks in Colorado and Lollapalooza.
In this episode we discuss…
- What lead to the opportunity to become Chelsea Culter’s drummer and making the decision to leave a job for it
- The energy he brings to sets and the most memorable venue he's performed at thus far
- What makes for a successful relationship with the artists he manages and what he's looking for in management himself
- Supporting artists in creating fully cohesive projects around their music
- The power in vulnerability to drive a connection with fans
- The state of “pop music” and more
As always never hesitate to leave a review or reach out to @musicbusinesspodcast Instagram with any feedback or ideas. Thank you for listening!
You can sign up for Gavin’s newsletter here: https://www.gavinchops.me/monthly-chop
Listen to Chelsea Culter: https://open.spotify.com/artist/5JMLG56F1X5mFmWNmS0iAp?si=bYuht4vpTF2AVcAIUwRDjA