Music Business Podcast
SoundCloud Events & Activations Manager Evan Bethea on Building Community
In this episode of the podcast we sit down with Evan Bethea Events & Activations Manager at SoundCloud. Evan has an extensive career in all things digital marketing, content and live event activations. Evan ventured into the agency world as a Digital Marketing Coordinator at Sean “Diddy” Combs’ Blue Flame Agency. During his time working for Puff, Evan was influential in growing the Ciroc brand, from managing the website, to media relations for product launches and running community management. Evan then went on to hold roles at notable agencies including Geometry Global and Gary Vaynerchuk’s, VaynerMedia, where he and co-host Sam Hysell crossed paths. Currently at SoundCloud Evan’s main focus is putting together SoundCloud’s creator forum, an event series aimed at bringing creators together for networking, panels, and music showcases.
In this episode we discuss…
- What goes into creating a standout live event series and the value of irl experience for building out community
- How to properly network in the music industry for long term value
- Innovations in the music experience space with VR AR and Voice tech
- The pros and cons of working in a structured and larger agency world v.s the music world
- Making a habit out of remaining a student of the industry by consuming books, articles, and of course podcasts
As always never hesitate to leave a review or reach out to @musicbusinesspodcast Instagram with any feedback or ideas.