Music Business Podcast
Inside the Mind of a Talent Buyer with Charles Meyer, LiveStyle Talent Buyer
In this episode, we sit down with Charles Meyer Talent Buyer at LiveStyle. The company is one of the world’s largest music event producers. They produce the events you know and love like Electric Zoo, Friendship, MadeEvent, All My Friends, and many more. Outside of his talent buying responsibilities under stage name Charles Meyer, is also a DJ & producer.
In this episode we discuss…
- What factors go into a talent buyer’s decision to book artists.
- How artists should approach proactive outreach to promoters.
- What factors artists and their teams can take into account to negotiate rates.
- The career differences between a Talent Buyer and a Booking agent.
- Does being an artist bring a deeper self of fulfillment as a creative outlet.
- Strategies artists and their teams can implement to generate booking demand.
As always never hesitate to leave a review or reach out to @musicbusinesspodcast Instagram with any feedback or ideas. Check out Charles on his socials @CharlesMeyerOfficial and check out his new single AirTight.