Music Business Podcast
Diplo’s Head of Digital Strategy and Benchmob Founder Jahan Karimaghayi on Winning the Internet
In this episode of the podcast, we sit down with Jahan Karimaghayi, Founder at Benchmob. Benchmob offers digital and creative strategy to management teams, brands and artists including Diplo, Major Lazer, Flume, Dillon Francis and more. Jahan and his team have been involved in campaigns such as the infamous Diplo hacking the Jonas Brothers Instagram account as a part of the release of their single Lonely.
In this episode we discuss…
- Creating cultural moments online
- Building a social strategy to grow your audience online
- Building a database where you can directly talk to fans including the growing strategy around text based communities.
- The value of long form content series for artists such Kenny Beat’s The Cave, Flume’s Adventures series and Diplo’s Favela on Blast.
- Approaching a digital strategy with global subculture in mind
- Influencer marketing strategies that work
As always never hesitate to leave a review or reach out to @musicbusinesspodcast Instagram with any feedback or ideas.