Music Business Podcast
Creating Moments in Radio with George Ofori-Ampad Label Rep at Interscope Records.
In this episode, we sit down with George Ofori-Ampadu aka G.O, the East Coast A&R and Label Rep at Interscope Records. At Interscope, G.O specializes in broadcast media relations and radio promotion where he's worked with artists including Kendrick Lamar, SchoolBoy Q, Mike Will, Rae Sremmurd, MGK, K Camp, 6lack, Tory Lanez, Dreezy, Playboi Carti and Ella Mai.
In this episode we discuss...
- The reach and validation that radio still holds today
- The dynamics of creating moments and relationships with DJ’s and Radio Execs when pursing track placement on broadcast media
- Being mindful of the narrative and brand image you portray in radio and digital opportunities and the importance of vulnerability in what you communicate online.
- Hot Take #1: Major labels won't always be the ones with access to Radio
- Hot Take #2: Radio isn’t as valuable as it used to be Radio will lose more steam with the globalization of streaming/internet radio
As always never hesitate to leave a review or reach out to @musicbusinesspodcast Instagram with any feedback or ideas. Thank you for listening!