More Than Corporate
Publish Your Book with Amy Collins
Amy Collins has spent her career dedicated to teaching new and small publishers how to compete in the book industry.
Besides handling sales and distribution training for book and game publishers, New Shelves Books employs talented and well-connected marketing experts who organize author tours, set up online networking campaigns and create executable and cost-effective sales and marketing plans.
Her experts know what is going on today in the book market, they do not depend upon our opinions or past experience... this business changes rapidly and they work hard to make sure they are working with the latest facts.
On This Episode:
- Amy shares her journey from musician to teacher to book buyer.
- Learn how the internet age has impacted book buying.
- Find out when you should consider writing a book and finding a publisher.
- Amy shares the “Frankenstein” method
- “You have to pay attention to what the community wants.”
- “The best time to think about your publishing options is before you start writing the book.”
- “Do not pay a publisher to publish your book.”
- Not every thought you have should be a book.”
- "We live in the golden age of information – there is no reason you can’t do this right.”
- “The slowest and worst way to make money is to be an author.”
- “Time, money, talent. As long as you have at least two of those, you’re fine.”
- “Success is class and service.”
Connect with other incredible people looking to break out of the corporate mindset by joining the More Than Corporate Facebook group: http://bit.ly/2MuWn53