Moms Don’t Have Time to Read Books with Zibby
Mitch Albom, THE LITTLE LIAR
Zibby interviews beloved New York Times bestselling author Mitch Albom about his latest novel, THE LITTLE LIAR. Set in a coastal Greek city during the Holocaust, the book centers on Nico, an honest boy forced by Nazis to deceive Jews about their fate. The narrative spans decades, intertwining the lives of Nico, his brother, a girl named Fannie, and a Nazi officer, exploring themes of honesty, survival, revenge, and devotion. Mitch Albom discusses the historical context of the novel and his emotional writing process, emphasizing the story’s relevance to today's era of subjective truths. This episode is great for those interested in historical fiction, the complexities of human nature, and the moral dilemmas faced during wartime.
Purchase on Bookshop: https://bit.ly/47IGPBl
Share, rate, & review the podcast, and follow Zibby on Instagram @zibbyowens!
View all episodes
14. Zibby discusses BLANK with editor Carmen Johnson26:25Next up in our celebration of BLANK is a special episode with Zibby’s editor, Carmen Johnson. After discussing the publishing process (what are editors looking for? How do they evaluate pitch letters and manuscripts? What is the editorial process like?), Carmen offers a behind-the-scenes look at her role as an editor at Amazon Publishing. Then, she and Zibby discuss their ongoing author-editor relationship, reflecting on their collaborative work with BLANK, and sharing their excitement as they embark on their next project, Zibby’s new novel, OVERHEARD!Purchase on Bookshop: https://bit.ly/3OWVCBoShare, rate, & review the podcast, and follow Zibby on Instagram @zibbyowens!
13. Zibby reads the first chapter of BLANK!13:46As we anxiously wait for Zibby’s debut novel BLANK to hit the shelves this Friday, March 1st… we’re bringing you an exclusive preview! Tune in to hear Zibby read the first chapter of her book and fall in love with Pippa as she navigates family, friendship, success, and exhilarating self-(re)discovery! Oh, and don’t forget to order your copy!Purchase on Bookshop: https://bit.ly/3OWVCBoShare, rate, & review the podcast, and follow Zibby on Instagram @zibbyowens!
12. Joan Collins, BEHIND THE SHOULDER PADS: Tales I Tell My Friends29:28In this special episode (a live podcast recording at Zibby’s Bookshop!), Zibby interviews legendary English actress and author Joan Collins about her hilarious, intimate, and completely spellbinding new memoir, BEHIND THE SHOULDER PADS. Joan shares anecdotes from her eclectic and vibrant life, from dodging air raids during World War II to her iconic role in Dynasty. Zibby asks Joan about her childhood, personal relationships, marriage, and creative process. Then, Joan offers advice to aspiring creatives and shares insights on how to find joy and humor in life.Purchase on Bookshop: https://bit.ly/3wuQwpoShare, rate, & review the podcast, and follow Zibby on Instagram @zibbyowens!
11. Hazel Hayes with Aparna Nancherla at Zibby's Bookshop36:39In this special episode (a live event at Zibby’s Bookshop in Santa Monica!), Hazel Hayes (Irish-born, London-based author of OUT OF LOVE) and Aparna Nancherla (superstar, LA-based comedian and author of UNRELIABLE NARRATOR) chat about their books! The two delve into their experiences with imposter syndrome, the writing process, and the emotional journey of publishing a book. Aparna reflects on the challenges of balancing humor with serious topics like mental health and body images, and Hazel reads a passage from her upcoming book, which captures the weight of grief and breakups.Purchase on Bookshop:Out of Love: bit.ly/3pIT6CFUnreliable Narrator: bit.ly/3EHYIDAShare, rate, & review the podcast, and follow Zibby on Instagram @zibbyowens!
10. Roxana Robinson, LEAVING29:04Zibby chats with award-winning author Roxana Robinson about her bold and insightful late-in-life romance, LEAVING. Roxana describes the intricate dynamics between her two characters, Sarah and Warren, and then touches on themes of personal growth, familial obligations, and mature love. They also discuss the role of children in shaping relationships, the importance of self-discovery, and the challenges of navigating love in the later stages of life. Finally, Roxana reflects on her creative process and shares valuable advice for aspiring writers.Purchase on Bookshop: https://bit.ly/3uJquhEShare, rate, & review the podcast, and follow Zibby on Instagram @zibbyowens!
9. Meghan Riordan Jarvis and Hope Edelman at Zibby's Bookshop34:01In this special episode (a live event at Zibby’s Bookshop in Santa Monica!), New York Times bestselling author, writing instructor, and grief and loss coach Hope Edelman chats with renowned psychotherapist and Zibby Books author Meghan Riordan Jarvis about END OF THE HOUR, Meghan’s poignant and beautifully written memoir. Meghan delves into the origins of the book—writing was a therapeutic tool during her own treatment for trauma, which she experienced after the deaths of her parents. She and Hope explore the concept of trauma, the process of writing about traumatic experiences, therapeutic techniques, self-care, and healing.Purchase on Bookshop:End of the Hour: bit.ly/3QXNouaThe AfterGrief: https://bit.ly/4bKgzsSShare, rate, & review the podcast, and follow Zibby on Instagram @zibbyowens!
8. Emma Grey and Laura Tremaine at Zibby's Bookshop21:54In this special episode (a live event at Zibby’s Bookshop in Santa Monica!), writer and podcaster Laura Tremaine chats with Australian author Emma Grey about THE LAST LOVE NOTE, a “gorgeous, charming, funny, heart-rending, longing-filled triumph of a read” (Katherine Center). Emma describes her journey into writing (she fell in love with Anne of Green Gables, of course) and then delves into the intricacies of grief, candidly discussing the loss of her husband and mother and the power of writing as a form of catharsis. The two also touch on themes of love, friendship, and self-discovery.Purchase on Bookshop:The Last Love Note: bit.ly/3sYiAzZThe Life Council: https://bit.ly/3SLmOUDShare, rate, & review the podcast, and follow Zibby on Instagram @zibbyowens!
7. Lindsay Hameroff, TILL THERE WAS YOU18:07Debut author Lindsay Hameroff joins Zibby to discuss TILL THERE WAS YOU, a delightful second-chance romance with a dollop of celebrity drama about a musician on the edge of fame and the aspiring chef who becomes the inspiration for his hit single. Lindsay explains how a Harry Styles song inspired this novel and then discusses the main character’s journey as a chef, the challenges of balancing relationships with career aspirations, and the comedic elements of her story. She also shares insights into her writing process (and her favorite breakfast foods!) and offers advice for aspiring authors. Purchase on Bookshop: https://bit.ly/3wohzCKShare, rate, & review the podcast, and follow Zibby on Instagram @zibbyowens!
6. Jordan Salama, STRANGER IN THE DESERT: A Family Story28:59Zibby welcomes back Jordan Salama to discuss STRANGER IN THE DESERT, an incredible travel memoir of his epic quest through the Argentina Andes in search of a heritage that spans hemispheres, from the Jewish Levant to the old trade routes of South America. Salama reveals the discovery that inspired this book: a family history document hidden in his grandfather’s basement with 500 years of his Sephardic Jewish heritage and his ancestor’s journey across Argentina. He talks about his search for long-lost relatives and then discusses themes of identity, migration, and navigating multiple cultural identities.Purchase on Bookshop: https://bit.ly/3UIfXOsShare, rate, & review the podcast, and follow Zibby on Instagram @zibbyowens!