Turning Tiny Habits into Massive Results with Mary Kelly
Mary Kelly joins us today to give a mini masterclass on how to be more effective throughout our days, increase productivity, and retain our internal customers.
Mary is a High-performer and a Super-achiever. Wrote, co-authored, and edited over 15 business, leadership, productivity, and personal finance books. She is a Motivational Leadership Speaker and Growth Business Consultant. Mary served over 21 years in the Navy and retired as a Commander with specialties in HR, Logistics, Intelligence, and Security.
Mary holds a P.h.D in Economics, a master's degree in History, and another in Economics. She is considered the 16th most influential economist and a top 50 Keynote Speaker. She has been quoted in The Wall Street Journal, Money Magazine, and Mensa, to name a few.
In this episode, Mary shares some valuable tips for turning ourselves into high-achievers and going through our daily tasks more effectively. She highlights the importance of creating tiny habits, occupying our dead time, and using it for other things. We also talk about internal customer retention and what we can effectively do to guarantee they feel valued, appreciated, and content working with us.
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- Mary shares a bit about her background and her family of high-achievers (3:39)
- Mary explains the advantages of multitasking (7:27)
- Mary talks about why we shouldn't use our "big brain" for small tasks (11:26)
- Mary talks about the best ways of using the dead time (15:16)
- Mary goes through the importance of making our internal customers feel appreciated and valued (23:20)
- Mary and Kim talk about the flexible hours concept and why it is so resisted (27:12)
Connect with Mary: