Hope For The Warriors with Leslie Hunt
PTSD and severe wounds don't really care about political views, party affiliations, or opinions on sensitive topics. They exist, they are real, and they affect thousands of real American people. On the bright side, providing massive help to them is pretty simple; anyone can do it, and it doesn't require communing with any particular political view.
In today's episode, I'm joined by the inspiring Leslie Hunt and her infectious energy. She is the Director of Donor Partnerships at Hope For The Warriors®, a private company dedicated to serving those who served and their families, helping military veterans to transition into civilians, get employed, and deal with mental and physical health issues.
We talk about the things society and most institutions fail to provide for military veterans and their families, the importance of peer-to-peer mentorship, and the impressive work of Hope For The Warriors®. We also discuss how auto repair shops can benefit from employing veterans and the multiple (and effortless) options we have to extend a hand and offer valuable help.
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- A bit about Leslie and Hope For The Warriors® (1:59)
- The things veterans and their families are missing and struggle to get (6:06)
- How helpful peer-to-peer mentorship can be (10:07)
- What makes Hope For The Warriors® one of the best charities out there (17:05)
- How veterans can solve the #1 problem of most auto repair shops owners (21:58)
- The military-civilian translator and other Hope For The Warriors® resources (25:05)
- Hope For The Warriors® website
Connect with Leslie: