LNER's The Fast Track
A journey back in time
In this episode, we take a journey back in time as part of our celebrations marking the centenary of the LNER brand taking Grantham railway station back to 1923. The special event delighted and surprised customers who were greeted by colleagues, a 1920s jazz band, and archive posters and photos taking them on a journey back in time. We also celebrate another important milestone - the 40th anniversary of the East Coast Main Line's Selby diversion.
View all episodes
11. The LNER 1923 Restaurant20:21In this episode, we take you on a culinary journey to tickle your tastebuds. To celebrate the 100th anniversary of London North Eastern Railway we transported diners through time with our unique 1923 pop-up restaurant. Over two nights guests were treated to a fully immersive experience designed to showcase some of the most delicious served to train passengers over the past century and what may be in store for the future.
10. LNER-CALM: News Against Living Miserably11:09Ahead of World Mental Health Day (10 October 2023), LNER and Campaign Against Living Miserably (CALM) have marked five years of their partnership by unveiling a newly named train 'You Belong' which will travel the length of the country, raising awareness of the vital support CALM provides. For one day only, a ‘News Against Living Miserably’ news stand was opened in Newcastle Central Station to lift the nation with positive news, sharing inspiring stories and compliments in a bid to bring smiles to people's faces. LNER’s new Azuma was named ‘You Belong’ as creating a sense of belonging is a key part of protecting everyone across the UK against suicide. Find out more in our podcast: Further details about our partnership can be found here: https://www.lner.co.uk/about-us/the-calm-zone/
8. 100 Years of Firsts17:46Hear some of the incredible stories of ‘100 Years of Firsts’ in this episode as we celebrate iconic moments from the past century on the East Coast route. From an author writing their first book, to rail records and exciting careers, a five-year-old’s first trip to a West End show, to relationships that blossomed, the major new exhibition and multimedia gallery shines a light on a century of remarkable tales:https://www.lner.co.uk/about-us/lner-100/100-firsts/
7. A focus on the future22:51We focus on the future in this episode, showcasing the innovative ideas and concepts generated for this year’s FutureLabs, LNER’s flagship accelerator programme which looks at ways of making rail travel even better.We feature six startups as they pitch their technology solutions to some of the challenges faced by the rail and travel industries at a special Demo Day.From dynamic sensors devised to monitor water levels on the tracks, to using 3D printing to create new products from recycled plastic waste, we hear the inspiration behind their ideas, find out how they can help and we reveal the winner by listening to our podcast.
6. Celebrating two LNER giants: Flying Scotsman returns home and a momentous milestone for Mallard23:28A special episode celebrating two LNER giants as Flying Scotsman returns to the city where she was built. As she celebrates her centenary year, we hear from the family of a former driver about his proud past and we mark the 85th anniversary of the 1938 Mallard speed record with the great grandson of the man who drove the locomotive up to 126mph.
5. LNER- Life at LNER29:24This bumper episode gives an insight into the great variety of careers within LNER and the diverse backgrounds and skills colleagues bring with them. From a former cathedral constable who is now a Train Manager, to an A grade student looking to a bright future, a glimpse behind the scenes of LNER’s social media team and top tips about job opportunities, take a listen to our latest podcast for an exclusive insight into what it is like to work at LNER.To find out more about LNER Careers click here: https://lnerjobs.co.uk/jobs/
4. LNER- Century20:36In a special episode, we celebrate the naming of our first liveried train as part of the Azuma fleet on the East Coast route with Named ‘Century’, it salutes LNER’s people and pioneering approach over the past one hundred years since the LNER brand first came into being in 1923. The special livery was revealed amid a fanfare and celebrations at York railway station on the 15th May 2023 and ‘The Fast Track’ was there to capture the occasion.Visit our website for more information:https://www.lner.co.uk/news/journey-of-a-century-lner-launches-first-named-azuma-train-celebrating-100-years/
3. LNER-Leading the way on digital innovation and smarter fares20:47In Episode 3, we focus on how digital innovation is transforming travel for our customers. From the award-winning LNER app, to using a QR code to order food directly to your seat, and trials of digital signs to assist with boarding, we find out about the pioneering work being done by LNER's specialist Digital Team. We also look ahead to how LNER is leading the way when it comes to fares reform, with plans to make things even simpler.