Let's Talk it Over
Fixing the climate capitalism broke
Season 1, Ep. 8
Fixing the climate capitalism broke, with Ece Temelkuran, Roger Waters, Brian Eno, Yanis Varoufakis, Frank Barat and our special guests, Dipti Bhatnagar (Friends of the Earth) and Asad Rehman (War on Want). Dipti Bhatnagar is International Program Coordinator for Climate Justice and Energy. Friends of the Earth Mozambique where she also works on climate justice and dirty energy. Asad Rehman is executive director of War on Want. Prior, he was the head of international climate at Friends of the Earth. He has served on boards of Amnesty International UK, Friends of the Earth International, Global Justice Now, and Newham Monitoring Project. He was one of the spokesperson of the COP26 coaltion in Glasgow.
9. Billionaires, Oligarchs, Polygarchs and their victims01:03:18For this 9th edition of Let's Talk it Over, the team will discuss current events in Ukraine...
1. What's Next For America After Trump01:07:37Does the end of Trump marks the end of trumpism? What next for the movement for social justice in the USA and abroad? Noura Erakat, Keeanga-Yamahtta Taylor, Roger Waters and Yanis Varoufakis discuss America after Trump. A conversation hosted by Frank Barat.In collaboration with DeWereldMorgen (https://www.dewereldmorgen.be/) and Diem25 (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnMk...)Noura Erakat on twitter: https://twitter.com/4nouraKeeanga Yamahtta Taylor on twitter: https://twitter.com/KeeangaYamahttaFrank Barat on twitter: https://twitter.com/4frankbaratYanis Varoufakis on twitter: https://twitter.com/yanisvaroufakis
2. Israeli Apartheid01:08:00Music legends Brian Eno and Roger Waters discuss the concept of apartheid when it comes to Israel as well as the attempts to criminalize the BDS movement both in the UK and in the US. They also address the recent declaration of the International Criminal Court in regards to Israel/Palestine. With British solicitor and founder of Lawyers for Palestinian Human Rights Daniel Machover and Diala Shamas, Staff attorney at the Center for Constitutional Rights. Conversation hosted by Frank Barat.
3. The Austerity Doctrine in The Time of Coronavirus01:06:47For the 3rd episode of Let's Talk It Over, Naomi Klein, Stephanie Kelton, Yanis Varoufakis, Brian Eno and Frank Barat discuss what impact the coronavirus crisis as had on world economy and how it has been used to further entrench world inequality. They will also talk about how another virus, austerity, as enabled this crisis to happen in the first place.
4. The Art of Resistance, possibilities and limitations01:26:00Due to current situation in Palestine, we are dividing the show in 2 parts tonight. For the first part of the show, Issam Adwan from We are not numbers (Gaza), Fayrouz Sharqawi from The grassroots Al Quds (Jerusalem) and Tamer Nafar from the band DAM (Lyd) will join original panel of Ken Loach, Roger Waters, Frank Barat and award winning film maker Annemarie Jacir of Philistine Films (http://www.philistinefilms.com/) to discuss the current situation in Palestine. The second part of the show will focus on art as a form of resistance.
5. Debt as Power01:01:09Debt is power. Extractive power over people and planet. Class societies ensure that the debts of the extractors are never paid while insisting that the debts of the exploited are sacrosanct. In this episode of LTIO we dissect debt and discuss how to overthrow its hold over the many. With Yanis Varoufakis, Astra Taylor and Jayati Ghosh. Show hosted by Frank Barat. The Debt Collective: https://debtcollective.org/ and their book "Can't pay, won't pay": https://www.haymarketbooks.org/books/...Astra's new book: https://www.haymarketbooks.org/books/...
6. Let's Talk it Over01:02:51'What can we learn from the beautiful game?' From English fans rioting and booing english players for taking the knee, to Pink Floyd playing football, via Bukayo Saka "love always win", Paul Pogba carrying the Palestinian flag, Cantona's politics, Roger's thighs, Eduardo Galeano vision of football, amateur football being the real deal, Donnarumma's being too big, the mighty Arsenal, NFL being rubbish, Ken, Yanis, Brian and Roger talk football and politics in this episode of LTIO.
7. 2021: The Year Big Business Blew Humanity's Chances01:12:592021: The year Big Business blew humanity's chances, with Ece Temelkuran, Roger Waters, Brian Eno, Yanis Varoufakis, Frank Barat, Dipti Bhatnagar (Friends of the Earth) and Aruna Chandrasekhar (Carbon Brief). Do click like and subscribe to our channel or podcast for more great content and conversations, thanks!