This Sustainable Life
507: Behind the Mic: Teamwork Versus Leadership
Today's episode explores a subtle but potentially meaningful and large shift, considering focusing on sustainability teamwork more than sustainability leadership.
The main difference is that I think people feel taking a leadership role makes them vulnerable and means lots of work. Joining a team is fun. If enough people join it feels natural and odd not to.
You're hearing me develop an idea in real time.
Here are the notes I read from:
Switch to team?
- Leadership stick neck out
- Sports, business, military, music, drama, family, indigenous tribes, small communities
- Playing Beethoven: no one but everyone
- Everyone matters, bench player, fans, home court advantage
- Improv exercise
- Everyone can join team. Not to messes it up for everyone. Imagine fan blocking. Some can lead, many leadership roles: coach, outstanding player, biggest fan
- Internet search: nothing relevant
- Kicks in tribalism
- Competition two meanings: winning versus finding and reaching their potential
- Opponent is the old values and complacency
- Difference between parent and babysitter
- Chamber quartet with tuba or clown horn is SUV
Links I referred to: