22. Why You Should Learn a Second Language27:07Do you want to widen your horizons to travel? Are you an adaptable learner and want more career opportunities? Sounds like learning a new language is for you.In this episode, I will sit down with Douglas Blair, an Administrative Assistant, in the Communications Department at The Heritage Foundation, to talk about the importance of learning a new language and how it has helped him in finding new career avenues.
View all episodes
21. Benefits of Learning Code, Analytics, and SEO27:05In this episode, I sat down with Emma Siu, the Digital Training Coordinator, here at the Leadership Institute to talk about the top six digital skills employers look for in employees that will put YOUR application at the top of the pile. We talked about programming like HTML, Python, SQL, or Java, Data Analytics, Social Media Marketing & Search Engine Optimization, and User Experience.You can read Emma Siu's blog here: https://www.leadershipinstitute.org/news/?NR=15172
20. Maybe College Isn't Right for You25:50On today’s show, we’re going to talk about prioritizing internships over college. Later in the episode, we’ll hear from Christian Matsumoto.Do you ever get tired of the constant barrage from teachers, family, and the media that college is all you need to succeed? Is a classroom setting not the right fit for you, but the social pressure is driving your life? Academic burnout is a REAL problem.
19. Cultivating Remote Work Friendships22:59Is the new normal souring your social life? Even though you see a flood of work emails and the occasional faces on your Zoom meetings, are you longing for the days of awkward water cooler conversations? Making friends is hard; remote friendships even harder. Today, we’re going to flip our MOODs on remote, workplace relationships and create an online water cooler experience. Later in the episode, we’ll hear from Whitney Munro, Vice President of Strategy at the Center for Truth in Science.
18. Nailing Your Zoom Interview20:49Is the new normal making you nervous for future job prospects? Despite feeling like you did well, do your Zoom interviews typically end up with you being disappointed? We’ve cultivated an interview process and now we’ve been flipped flat on our heads.Today, we’re going to learn how to nail our online interviews and mellow our Zoom-based anxiety with L.A.F.ter. Later in the episode, we’ll hear from Katy Gambella, Network Engagement Manager at Talent Market.
17. How to CHILL as a Leader29:21Have you ever been in charge of a group project with people who seemingly have no respect for authority? Is there a social disconnect between you and your workers? Our leadership habits can spoil morale and ruin relations in the workplace.Today, we’re going to C.H.I.L.L. out and learn how to enhance our leadership skills. Later in the episode, we’ll hear from former Active Duty Army Sergeant, James Coutris.
16. Top 4 Tips to Boost Your Energy Levels25:36Do you ever wake up in the morning feeling groggy? Does 3 pm roll around and you’re ready to crash? Is coffee your lifeblood? If any of these were a yes, you’re like more than half of Americans.In this episode, you’ll learn the best techniques to maximize your energy levels from countless medical professionals and then you’ll get a chance to hear from Daesha Cummings and Melanie Aycock.