Career Warrior Podcast
#95) Why and How You Should Apply For Startups | Steve Kahan
Welcome to the 95th episode of the Let’s Eat, Grandma Career Warrior Podcast, where our goal is not only to help you land your dream job but to help you live your best life! Today, we’re going to talk about your job search and why you should apply for a startup.
Why you will want to listen to this episode.
- You’re on the job hunt and on the fence about joining a startup
- You want to join a startup, but you don’t have a good sense of direction
- You want to join a startup, but you don’t know how to get your foot in the door
Steve Kahan is a serial entrepreneur that has had great success moving from the corporate world early in his career to the startup world. He will share lessons learned in over 30 years for how young professionals or those that feel stuck in the corporate world can earn a great living doing what they love by igniting their career in startup life. He’s also helped to grow six start-up companies from early-stage development to going public or being sold, resulting in more than $3 billion in shareholder value. He is currently CMO at Thycotic, which will become the seventh. He has also written a book published by Wiley and Audible called “Be a Startup Superstar," which we will cover in the end.
Here's what we cover:
- Why should people consider startups?
- Why should you not join a startup? What are some potential downsides to joining if you do decide to make that leap?
- How do you pick the right startups?
- How do you meet the right people to get hired? What are some ways that are overlooked?
Resources mentioned in the show: