Career Warrior Podcast
#140) Four Questions You Need to Ask in Your Career
Today, we cover 4 questions you need to ask in your career! Where you can use this advice: feedback conversations with your boss, conflict resolution, salary negotiation, accomplishing milestone career goals, and even in personal relationships.
About our guest: Alexandra Carter is the author of ASK FOR MORE: Ten Questions to Negotiate Anything (Simon & Schuster; May 5, 2020) Alex is a Clinical Professor of Law and Director of the Mediation Clinic at Columbia Law School, where she has spent over a decade helping thousands of people improve their negotiation skills. She is a world-renowned negotiation trainer for the United Nations, where she has taught dozens of negotiation workshops to hundreds of diplomats from more than eighty nations. In 2019, Carter was awarded Columbia University's highest teaching honor.
Here's what we cover:
- What problem am I trying to solve?
- What are my needs?
- Tell me (about it from your perspective).
- What are your concerns?
Resources mentioned in the show:
- Order ASK FOR MORE: https://www.amazon.com/Ask-More-Questions-Negotiate-Anything-ebook/dp/B07Z44ZCJK
- Alex' social media handles: LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram then TAG US with your favorite nugget of knowledge of the episode
- Connect with Chris on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/chris-villanueva-cprw
- Check out Alex’s website and subscribe to her newsletter for advice: https://alexcarterasks.com/