Irish Examiner Podcasts
Living Your Best Life: A Parkinson's Podcast
Living Your Best Life: A Parkinson's Podcast - Episode 1. This podcast special series details the particular personal stories of people in the Irish Parkinson's community, the obstacles they face, the challenges they have overcome, and more importantly, the tools they use to live their best lives. In this first episode in the series, Annmarie O'Connor shares her own story of early onset Parkinson's and how routine, education and perspective helped her navigate the early days of her diagnosis.
Parkinson’s Association of Ireland www.parkinsons.ie
View all episodes
12. Paschal Donohoe: Public Expenditure Minister Paschal Donohoe on coping with grief following the loss of his mother.44:34In the final episode of series 1, Ciara chats to Fine Gael Minister Paschal Donohoe who discusses coping with grief after the passing of his mother last year. He also discusses how controversy surrounding his election expenses impacted him as well as his childhood and personal challenges he sets for himself.
Irish Examiner Rugby World Cup Podcast00:47Join Brendan O'Brien and his co-host Simon Lewis, each week throughout the Rugby World Cup tournament, for all the latest, news, views, and debate with their panel of expert guests including, Donal Lenihan, Ronan O'Gara, Craig Ray, David Barnes, Mick Cleary, Ciara Griffin and James Harrington. Expect in-depth analysis with insight into the Irish camp and beyond, throughout the Rugby World Cup. Exclusively available as part of an Irish Examiner subscription.
11. Katja Mia: Ireland AM presenter on her faith, managing body dysmorphia and happiest life moments.37:42Television presenter Katja Mia opens up about her parents fleeing a civil war and the expectations felt by immigrants after moving to another country. She also discusses the importance of faith in her life and managing body dysmorphia.
10. Fr Peter McVerry: Homeless campaigner discusses his life and faith48:16This week Ciara chats to Fr Peter McVerry, a Jesuit priest who has devoted his life to helping the homeless. He speaks about his childhood, his views on celibacy and marriage and how helping homeless people has changed his relationship with God.
9. Rory O'Connor: Comedian and author of Rory’s Stories on his gambling addiction, his mental health struggles and helping prisoners42:21This week Ciara Phelan talks to comedian Rory O'Connor of Rory’s Stories who discusses hitting rock bottom with addiction, what he would change about the education system, minding his well-being and helping prisoners make different life choices.
8. Taoiseach Leo Varadkar: His difficult path to discovering his sexuality and his thoughts on marriage and children.29:57Taoiseach Leo Varadkar: On discovering his sexuality, his thoughts on marriage and children and why he shares less about his relationship online.
7. Charleen Murphy: Social media influencer31:18Social media influencer Charleen Murphy discusses the highs & lows of living her life online and what she would do differently if she was to start over.
Sinéad O'Connor: Remembering the singer and how the world reacted to her death44:17Nearly one week after the death of Sinead O’Connor, Ciara Phelan hosts a special edition of her podcast exploring the reaction to the news, the way the singer was portrayed during her life, and following her death, and exploring reaction to her religious beliefs. With guests Deirdre O’Shaughnessy, Suzanne Harrington and Eoghan O’Sullivan.
6. Declan Buckley: Host of Telly Bingo, aka Shirley Temple Bar44:28Host of Telly Bingo, Declan Buckley chats about navigating childhood with two deaf parents, the death of his brother and the success and opportunities that arose from performing as Shirley Temple Bar who has been at the centre of Dublin’s LGBTQ+ social scene for 25 years.