The SiteVisibility Internet Marketing Podcast
#605 Turning Your Internal Communication from Chaos to Calm w/ Jenni Field, Founder of Redefining Communications
In today's episode we're joined by communications specialist Jenni Field. Jenni has extensive experience in business communications and recently authored the book 'Influential Internal Communication: Streamline Your Corporate Communication to Drive Efficiency and Engagement'.
Jenni shares with us the common symptoms of businesses that are suffering from deep-rooted communication issues and how we should go about trying to solve them.
In this episode we discuss:
- What led to Jenni dedicating her focus to internal communications and founding Redefining Communications
- What triggered Jenni to document her experience in the form of her book, 'Influential Internal Communication'
- How to identify resolvable surface-level issues vs. deep rooted cultural communication problems
- Quick communication fixes that make us all cringe!
- What are the similarities and differences in communication issues faced by SMEs and large corporations?
- The right and wrong ways to surface information from employees (avoid survey fatigue!)
- What causes employees to distrust your communication
- Should social affairs and politics be discussed at work?
Referenced on this episode:
- Jenni's book, 'Influential Internal Communication: Streamline Your Corporate Communication to Drive Efficiency and Engagement': https://amzn.to/3x4AT30 or via Kogan Page: https://www.koganpage.com/product/influential-internal-communication-9781789666137
CONNECT WITH JENNI / REDEFINING COMMUNICATIONS
CONNECT WITH SCOTT:
CONNECT WITH SITEVISIBILITY: