Treat Yourself As A Guest
Our mind is trained to think of better ways to make our guests feel more comfortable, eat healthier and more delicious food, and have everything they need to make their stay with us within perfect reach. We spend so much time thinking of our guest's comfort that we often forget about our own care.
In this episode, we take a step back from our fast-paced, customer-oriented routines to check with ourselves. We discuss the need for self-care most innkeepers ignore, its long-term effects, and why it is essential to pause and breathe for our physical and mental health. We also talk about boundaries-setting, how we can create space for ourselves in our days, and the benefits of consistently practicing gratitude.
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- What would happen if we give a personal touch to our own spaces (2:46)
- The importance of speaking to ourselves with the same kindness we use when talking to our guests (3:51)
- How we can improve our mood by cooking beautiful dishes for ourselves (4:22)
- The multiple benefits of setting physical and non-physical boundaries between ourselves and our guests (7:19)
- About the power of practicing gratitude (8:44)