In Tune with Calhoun
20% Corporate Tuition Scholarship with JSU Admissions
Join us for a special webinar highlighting the features and details of our 20% corporate tuition scholarship with JSU, presented by JSU Admissions.
Kelly Martin - Director of Enrollment Initiatives
Lauren Findley - Director of Undergraduate Admissions
Ashlee Hanvey - Assistant Director of Graduate Studies
39. Gamecock Market with JSU's Justin Parker18:02If you attended college as a young adult, you probably remember the days where money struggles may have impacted your food availability and even access to basic necessities. Some of JSU's staff and volunteers have come up with a solution: The Gamecock Market. The Gamecock Market is open to taking donations from area business and organizations. Wondering what they need? Visit their donation page here! You can also donate monetarily through the JSU Foundation at and selecting "Gamecock Market" under Category as the fund for the money to be sent to.For more information about The Gamecock Market and how you can help, contact Justin at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 256-782-8839!
38. Sound Therapy with SoundEmbrace35:12After working through the challenges of a chronic illness through her twenties, Danielle Hall sought alternative sources of recovery and pain management when traditional medicine didn't offer relief. Through her journey she found sound therapy, and began her "second life" helping others to find space within themselves using sound baths to relax and destress. You can find SoundEmbrace on Facebook and Instagram, or you can visit her website for her scheduled event dates and times locally here in Calhoun County. Be on the lookout for announcements of our upcoming Sound Bath session right here at the Chamber! Chamber members receive a special discount for this session courtesy of Danielle!
37. Romarin et Corbeaux with Aubrey Fullbright24:29Located in Oxford, Alabama, Aubrey Fullbright and her husband have opened a metaphysical bookstore, a one of a kind small business in Calhoun County. What types of things might they offer you ask? Be sure to stop in to see for yourself! From candles and incense, to religious books and tarot cards, they have all of your spiritual and metaphysical needs met! For more information, visit them online at https://romarin-et-corbeaux.business.site/ or on Facebook at Romarin et Corbeaux!
36. PITCH with Kevin Gibson11:46Communications Director Ashlee Jones sat down with Chamber Board Member Kevin Gibson to discuss the Chamber's upcoming PITCH Competition!Are you a small business making at or below $250,000 a year? Is there a project you've been wanting to grow into with your business? You're in luck!PITCH is an innovative and unique way for the Chamber to further serve our community, where one small business will win a cash prize to build their business and further their growth. All received applications will be narrowed down, and those selected will compete LIVE by making a presentation (or pitch) to the judging panel and the crowd at our PITCH Competition on Thursday, April 21st, 2022 from 12 PM -1 PM at the Oxford Civic Center. The judging panel will consist of 4 business leaders within the community and the audience will act as the 5th judge.The winning small business will be awarded a prize in capital; however, each business invited to present will receive substantial visibility through its ability to tell its story to the panel and crowd attending. Be sure to apply before March 31st!For more information, please contact Public Affairs Director Kate Jaudon at email@example.com!
35. Felon Funding with Dale Smith38:52Dale Smith saw a need in Alabama when it came to aiding individuals that were post-incarceration. These were people who had been in prison for several years and were being released to an entirely different world that didn't offer them many prospects to be successful. By establishing and educating inmates before they are released, Dale and his team have begun to change lives across several states with their program, one small business at a time!For more information, contact Dale Smith directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or by visiting their website at feloneducationproject.com.
34. Project SEARCH with Shannon Romano and Michele Williams28:34Communications Director Ashlee Jones sat down with Shannon Romano and Michele Williams of Project SEARCH of Calhoun County to go over their mission and services provided to the local business community. If you would like to purchase a $5 lanyard handmade by the interns of Project SEARCH, please contact Michele at: email@example.com
33. Big Brothers Big Sisters with Misty Gardner22:37Communications Director Ashlee Jones sat down with Misty Gardner, Program Manager of Big Brothers Big Sisters of Northeast Alabama, to discuss the mission and services provided by BBBS. Interested in volunteering or have questions for Misty? Contact her today at 256-241-3525 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org!
31. Small Business Administration with Tom Todt29:14Communications Director Ashlee Jones spoke with Tom Todt, District Director for the Small Business Association's Alabama District Office located in Birmingham about the current economic climate of our small business community, as well as its recovery post-2020. Director Todt began his duties as District Director in June 2008. In his role as District Director, Mr. Todt oversees a professional staff of 10 in the delivery of SBA’s Financial Assistance, Entrepreneurial Development, Business Training, Government Contracting and other marketing and outreach programs throughout Alabama’s 67 counties. This delivery network includes 10 Small Business Development Centers, six SCORE chapters, three Women’s Business Centers, four Certified Development Companies and dozens of lending institutions. (Source: https://www.sba.gov/about-sba/sba-team/sba-leadership/tom-todt)Towards the end of our interview, Director Todt mentions a networking event commonly held by the SBA. The name of said event is Matchmaker, should you wish you look it up and participate in the future.For more questions regarding the SBA and its services, please visit sba.gov or contact Director Todt directly at email@example.com.