Hope For The Warriors Podcast
Money Matters | Charting a Path to Financial Freedom
October is Financial Wellness Month, an immensely significant topic for military families. In this episode, we're honored to have two incredible guests, Shelley Rodriguez, HOPE's Director of Clinical Case Management and Financial Wellness, and Nicole Howard, HOPE's Lead Intakes Coordinator, as they guide us through a journey of strategies, resources, and inspiring stories that can truly empower military families on their path to financial wellness. Whether you're a veteran seeking essential financial guidance, a devoted family member searching for ways to support your loved ones, or simply someone looking to grasp the profound importance of financial wellness in the lives of veterans, this episode is tailored just for you.
Here are some Financial Wellness Resources that Shelley shared for this episode.
Goodbudget: Budget with a Why
View all episodes
11. Warrior Wellness53:11In this episode of the Hope For The Warriors podcast, we’ll explore the transformative power of adaptive fitness with Emily Throckmorton, owner of Kaizen Athletics, and retired Sergeant Major Kevin Bittenbender. Emily shares her journey in strength and conditioning, highlighting her gym's mission to support veterans seeking holistic health solutions. We will also delve into Kevin's remarkable story of resilience and the pivotal role adaptive sports play in his life, supported by Hope For The Warriors. From inspiring success stories to invaluable insights, join us on this journey of triumph and community.Kaizen Athletics Equip ProductsTeam Hope For The Warriors Pittsburgh Marathon Recap Video
10. Hope Through Humor29:30Step into the new year with the Hope For The Warriors podcast! In this special episode, your host, Kate Dudley is joined by the brilliant military spouse and comedian, Ashley Gutermuth. Together, they explore the healing power of laughter and how Ashley's unique journey as a military spouse has inspired her to bring joy and healing to veterans through comedy.You can learn more about Ashley and Best Medicine Brigade here. You can also check out HEAL*ARIOUS here!
9. Homefront Harmony39:27In this heartfelt December episode of the Hope For The Warriors podcast, join us as we sit down with Battalion Commander Michael Harrison and his wife, Mikele. Together, they share their inspiring journey through the highs and lows of military life, shedding light on the importance of family support and readiness. As an active-duty Army member, Michael offers unique insights into the challenges faced by military families, from deployments to relocations. Discover how the Harrisons have weathered these storms and thrived, fostering a sense of unity and strength that defines the military community. Whether you're a military family seeking inspiration or someone looking to understand the unique dynamics of military life better, this episode is a must-listen.
8. Every Day is Veterans Day | Honoring Our Heroes Year-Round40:29The Hope For The Warriors Podcast celebrates Veterans Day with a special episode featuring Lee Bonar and Scott Griffith, a pair of veterans and HOPE employees who share their insights on why Veterans Day is important and delve into the meaning behind the common phrase, "Thank you for your service." In this thought-provoking conversation, Lee and Scott discuss their experiences and the profound significance of this national holiday. Listeners will gain a deeper appreciation for Veterans Day and better understand how to express gratitude to those who have served our nation. They’ll also learn about HOPE's valuable resources for service members and their families. Join us in honoring and acknowledging the bravery and dedication of our veterans in this enlightening conversation.
6. Bonus Episode | Power of Peers01:13:56Join us for a powerful and insightful discussion on suicide prevention featuring four distinguished veterans: Kevin Bittenbender, Tony Romano, Scott Griffith, and John Rose. This panel brings together their collective experiences, wisdom, and dedication to addressing the critical issue of suicide within the veteran community and beyond.Take the Power of Peers Pledge Download the Columbia Protocol App Veterans Crisis Line Information
5. Voices of Valor | Uniting for Suicide Prevention Month41:54Join us in September for a special edition of the Hope For The Warriors podcast as we observe Suicide Prevention Month. In this episode, we sit down with two remarkable veterans who share their inspiring and powerful stories of resilience, recovery, and hope. Together, we explore the critical importance of mental health support within the veteran community and beyond. Tune in and be inspired by their journeys and learn how we can all play a role in preventing suicide and promoting mental well-being. Let's come together to make a difference and spread hope during this important awareness month.Additional Resources:Columbia Protocol AppPower of the Peers PledgeVeterans Crisis Line
4. Knowledge is Power | Back-to-School Edition34:29Attention all military families! Are you gearing up for a new school year amidst the unique challenges of military life? Welcome to this "back to school" episode dedicated to empowering and guiding military families as they navigate the educational landscape. Join us as we bring you valuable insights, expert advice, and heartwarming stories to ensure a successful academic journey for your children. In this episode, you'll hear from a military advocate and Ph.D. student, Karla Seijas, who experienced firsthand the challenges, lessons, and benefits of multiple moves. You'll also deeply dive into resources with HOPE's Director of Strategic Alliances, Jordan Huffman. We've got you covered, from tips on transitioning schools to finding ways to connect in your community.
3. Resilient Hearts | Unlocking the Power of Self-Care35:36In today’s fast-paced world, it’s crucial to carve out time for self-care and create habits that nourish your mind, body, and soul. We understand that self-care is not just about bubble baths and face masks (although those are wonderful, too!). It's about making intentional choices that prioritize your needs, replenish your energy, and help you navigate the complexities of everyday life with grace and resilience. So, tune in, relax, and embark on this self-care journey with your host, Kate Dudley as she gains a unique perspective from military spouse and caregiver Lauren Fagan and HOPE’s Director of Physical Wellness, Sports and Recreation, Jenna McDonald. Join us to get your monthly dose of HOPE. Give us a follow to keep up with drop dates for future episodes.Self-care. What is that, truly? Check out Lauren's most recent blog: https://www.hopeforthewarriors.org/self-care-what-is-that-truly-military-spouse-and-caregiver-lauren-fagan-breaks-it-down/