Welcome to HOME Impressions, a podcast where we ask our guests to tell us five encounters with people, objects or ideas that have had a lasting impact on their practice and have shaped the artist we see today. Our first episode will be released on Tuesday 28th March!
Season One is supported by Gucci.
View all episodes
5. Episode 5: Ronan Mckenzie with Melo-Zed01:01:27Born in South East London, composer, producer and multi –instrumentalist, Melo-Zed is an inherently multi-disciplinary artist. Drawing from an eclectic collage of influences, his music is a blend of textures both alien and familiar, interwoven with intricately to create vivid soundscapes that can easily be recognised as his own. This expansive approach has led him to work with the likes of 180 Strand, Gucci, BBC, Sundance, BFI and Tate Modern to name a few. In addition to his work with visual, Melo has collaborated with numerous internationally renowned artists, producing records for the likes Yazmin Lacey, Obongjayar, serpentwithfeet and Rayvn Lenae.Anchored in roots of Caribbean, West African and Black British identities, Melo-Zed continues to explore ideas of self and community, building a world from an array of colours and sounds.This episode was recorded by Kunstraum Productions @kunstraumlondon. Season 1 has been supported by Gucci.
4. Episode 4: Haja Fanta with Olivia Twist53:42Curator Haja Fanta is joined by Olivia Twist in our fourth episode of HOME Impressions. Olivia Twist is an Illustrator and Educator from East London. The key threads which can be found in her work are place, the mundane and overlooked narratives. Her striking visual language comprises of a myriad of esoteric layers informed by a propensity for human-centered research methodologies.yesoliviatwist.com // @yesoliviatwistThis episode was recorded by Kunstraum Productions @kunstraumlondon. Season 1 has been supported by Gucci.
3. Episode 3: Ronan Mckenzie with Ezra-Lloyd Jackson54:54Ronan Mckenzie speaks with multidisciplinary artist/designer/perfumer Ezra-Lloyd Jackson about his practice and influences to date.On the 31st May 2023, Jackson launches his scent brand deya with signature fragrance "i" at Jumbi in Peckham.wearedeya.com // @wearedeyaThis episode was recorded by Kunstraum Productions @kunstraumlondon. Season 1 has been supported by Gucci.
2. Episode 2 - Ronan Mckenzie with Joy Yamusangie48:52In this episode, HOME's founder Ronan Mckenzie, sits down with artist Joy Yamusangie to hear the five encounters that have left an impression on them and their practice to date.Joy Yamusangie is a visual artist, specialising in illustration. Joy experiments with a range of traditional processes such as drawing, film, painting and collaging to produce mixed media pieces. Their previous work have included a public art installation commissioned by Tate Collectives, designing the cover of C. L. R. James' Minty Alley and being selected for the RA Summer show in 2021. Yamusangie's paintings are currently being exhibited at Carl Freedman Gallery, Margate as part of group show To Be Held, curated by Ronan Mckenzie (29th April - 25th June). This episode is supported by Gucci.
1. Episode 1: Haja Fanta with Ronan Mckenzie55:54In our introductory episode, hosts Haja Fanta let us know the five influences that have left a lasting impression on them, impacting their trajectory. This episode is supported by Gucci.