Growing Through Grief
Rebirthing After Losing of A Loved One
As I enjoyed the beautiful, colorful spectacle of Autumn, my mind got caught on nature's perfect life cycle. Let's look at the trees, for instance. They let go of the leaves that will inevitably die during Winter; they release them on the floor so they can nurture their own roots. It is during Autumn that they start getting ready for Winter's dark and cold times. They create space and get ready for the growing season of Spring, right before they gloom as hard as they can during the Summer.
It occurred to me that we can use nature's wisdom in our lives, and more specifically, in our relationships with grief.
In this episode, we talk about Autumn, loss, grief, and holidays. We go through the importance of getting our minds ready to spend the following holidays, perhaps the first ones for many people, without our loved ones. We talk about our thoughts, the places we decide to visit with our minds, and the things we have the power to decide in advance. Also, inspired by nature's life cycle, I decided to play a bit and created a Growing Through Grief acronym for Autumn.
Tune in and listen to episode 25 of Growing Through Grief and get inspired by nature; start preparing today for Winter, make space to grow, and decide what kind of holidays you'll have.
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- The perfect time to reflect, replenish our souls, and refresh our minds (2:31)
- Now is when we get to decide how to move through grief during holidays (5:27)
- What it means to be in alignment and understanding the truth we tell ourselves about what happened (7:27)
- Why it is crucial we get underneath that truth (9:40)
- The importance of building a community (12:29)