Growing Through Grief
Have the Courage to Grow
If, during a moment of deep pain, one of our friends shows up and tells us not to worry, forget about what is making us suffer, and let time work its magic, what would we think of that friend? We would undoubtedly stop trusting that friend. However, on many occasions, that is the kind of friend we are to ourselves. We tend to push down the pain and forget about it, like if it didn't exist.
In this episode, we expand our concept of friendship and courage associated with growth. We talk about the kind of friends we need to go through a grief process, and therefore, what kind of friends we need to be to ourselves. We explore what it means to be courageous and why we must concede ourselves the courage to grow. I share two tips to be our own cheerleaders and have the courage to grow throughout our grief process.
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- We tend to think it is more comfortable to remain the same and avoid change (2:41)
- The reasons that made us stop our process of growing and expanding our lives (5:55)
- Learning to be a true friend to ourselves (7:16)
- Having the courage of growing through it all (9:18)
- We must recognize the opportunity to grow and run towards it (15:33)