Kate Northrup Wants Us To Do Less
Ever since stumbling upon Kate Northrup’s 10 day Money Love Challenge years ago - that created a massive $$$ shift for me, I have been a total Kate fan girl. Imagine my DELIGHT (!!!) when we podcasted - I mean WHOA! Some peeps go go-go over entertainment celebs - me? A bad-ass female entrepreneurs who focuses on helping women understand everything there is to know about money - from the spiritual, emotional to the cold hard material facts about how to DEAL WITH IT. Truly incredible work and what a revelation to get into how cleaning up the mess around finances (what I call Financial Feng Shui!) is an act of self-love. Yes, self-love. Add financial health to the list of manicures, hot yoga, and getting your roots done. It’s a true act of self-care to know, with unequivocal
awareness, the state of our financial health. I had totally buried so much of this into the recesses of my mind - but over the past few years have awakened to the power of how important it is to be brutally honest with our financials.
Of course Kate’s book Money, A Love Story - is a tome to this that every woman MUST READ!
Do I need to say more? Kate has a revolutionary approach to time management that every mom needs to read (ok, dads too not to mention NON PARENTS!)
I can’t wait for you to listen. And for those of you who wonder about this stuff - yes, she is even yummier, more delightful, authentic, warm, lovely and BFF vibes IN REAL LIFE!
More about Kate!
Northrup is a fierce advocate for revolutionizing the way we work, seeing and that women and working mothers are often under immense pressure to “just get it all done” at the end of the day without complaint.
Northrup’s book is a practical guide for mothers and working women to learn how to do less, but to still remain productive, ambitious and overall, to not feel guilty about taking a moment to reprioritize and get focused. Northrup experienced a burn-out herself during her pregnancy, when she experienced extreme fatigue and wasn’t able to maintain longer working hours. Fearful that making this shift would affect her business, Northrup was shocked when her company earned just as much as when she was overworking herself to the point of exhaustion.
In this interview we discuss:
• What is the do less method, and how to step away from the concept that doing more is the only way to be productive and successful.
• How to practice body first, business second and why taking care of your body first (rest, water, a snack) will increase your productivity.
• The best way to streamline your to-do-list in order to do less and still reach peak efficiency
• The importance of tracking your menstrual cycle in relation to your work, which will give you a better idea of what you should be prioritizing each week. For example, during your menstrual cycle is the best time for rest and reflection. While your physical energy might not be at it’s highest, your brain is most wired for connectivity and brainstorming.
• Managing your energy and your emotions at the office.
• Empowering yourself to be in a position to ask for help (Hint: it’s easier than it looks!)
To hope on the fasting mimicking diet train with me - Our next PROLON group fast starts May 13th. Click here for my link where you can get 10% off (that’s $25 a box plus free shipping) - use GROOMEDLA or GROOMEDLASUB (for a subscription).