Grief & Happiness
Living Undeterred Through Loss with Jeff Johnston
“Purpose becomes passion when it gets personal”
In this thirty-first episode together, I am joined by Jeff Johnston. Since losing his oldest son to a drug overdose and years later his wife to alcoholism, Jeff has a very unique perspective on grief and happiness. He knew that he could either choose to go down a road of coping with anger and unhealthy habits or a road of strength, meaning, and inspiration. Today, Jeff is a speaker, advocate, podcaster, author of This One’s For You: An Inspirational Journey Through Addiction, Death and Meaning, and founder of the Live Undeterred project.
Throughout this episode, Jeff and I have a deeply vulnerable conversation about his experience with loss, grief, strength, and happiness. Jeff shares what his life was like before his son passed away, the impact that his son’s death had the entire family, what continues to motivate him, and so much more. Jeff’s positive outlook on life is truly inspiring and I have no doubt that his story will resonate with you.
Tune in and listen to the thirty-first episode of Grief and Happiness, and join me in learning how Jeff Johnston continues to live undeterred despite experiencing loss and grief.
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- About Jeff’s background and the pivotal turning point (1:12)
- The importance of understanding that things happen for you, not to you (14:07)
- Some of the tools that help Jeff throughout each day (21:57)
- Why Jeff doesn’t believe in unconditional love (32:11)
- To remember that everyone’s grief and trauma journey is unique (39:13)
Connect with Jeff
- The Grief and Happiness Alliance
- Book: Emily Thiroux Threatt - Loving and Living Your Way Through Grief