Grief & Happiness
Grief and Finances with Donna Kendrick
Managing finances when you’re walking through grief after the loss of a spouse can feel paralyzing.
In this episode, I am joined by Donna Sephton Kendrick, a Certified Financial Planner practitioner who holds the Series 7, 66, and PA Accident and Health, Life, and Fixed Annuities. She helps people prepare for their futures and navigate the sudden loss of their spouses with financial stability. Her experience after the sudden death of her husband motivated her to start her practice.
Throughout this episode, Donna shares her experience with grief and how having a financial advisor helped her regain control. You’ll learn the importance of keeping your important documents and details organized. Additionally, you’ll learn why it's important to include the community when making funeral arrangements for a loved one.
Listen to episode 106 of Grief and Happiness to hear how Donna regained control after the loss of her husband!
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- Donna shares her experience with grief (00:57)
- Donna explains how her financial advisor helped her navigate window hood (05:00)
- Donna explains how being organized can help execute your will seamlessly (09:03)
- Why reaching out to the community is important when making funeral arrangements (17:57)
Connect with Donna
- The Grief and Happiness Alliance
- Book: Emily Thiroux Threatt - Loving and Living Your Way Through Grief