Game of Opinions: The Eurosport football podcast
Phillips, Rice and Pickford are England’s unsung heroes!
In the latest Eurosport x The Beautiful Game podcast, Eurosport's Pete Sharland joins Justin Cole and Deji Odedina to discuss the second half of the Last 16 matches of Euro 2020.
The trio kick things off by talking about England's 2-0 win over Germany, and Odedina and Sharland want to give some love to some of England's unsung heroes before a debate about the international future of Thomas Muller.
After that talk turns to the other game of the night as Ukraine beat Sweden in extra time. Find out why Sharland thinks the Ukraine will be a test but not a real problem for England
Then we look back on the Monday night games, starting with France's shock defeat at the hands of Switzerland (Granit Xhaka fans unite!) and then Spain's eight-goal thriller against Croatia.
To wrap it up Odedina and Sharland give their predictions for who is going to reach the final.
View all episodes
13. Italy deserve Euro 2020 triumph | Racial abuse of England stars disgraceful and disgusting46:19In the latest Eurosport vodcast in partnership with The Beautiful Game Podcast, Dotun Abijoh, Justin Cole and Pete Sharland react to the Euro 2020 final between England and eventual champions of the tournament Italy after all the drama at Wembley Stadium. From Italy's stunning triumph to England's disappointment on the biggest stage and, unfortunately, some lamentable behaviour from the home 'fans'.For all the positives to take from England's showing at the tournament and Italy's triumph, there was some lamentable behaviour - particularly with racial abuse aimed at the three players who missed penalties for the hosts, Marcus Rashford, Jadon Sancho and Bukayo Saka.The team also give their views on a number of other topics from the final, and indeed the tournament, including praise for the outstanding Italy team who ended up champions, England's prospects looking ahead to Qatar and debate as to whether Southgate should have approached things a bit differently in the final.
12. Football is at the front door - England have the chance to make history in Euro 2020 final against Italy42:02In the latest The Beautiful Game x Eurosport 'Game of Opinions' podcast, the team look back at two epic Euro 2020 semi-finals as England and Italy made it through to Sunday's tantalising final at Wembley. There's talk of the Three Lions' newfound team spirit, Jordan Pickford's form, penalties and the chance for Gareth Southgate's team to write their names in the history books. For their opponents, there is a breakdown of how the Azzurri managed to nullify the threat of Spain and how they plan to silence the Wembley crowd.
11. England put on complete performance but final four difficulty seperate as all roads lead to Wembley18:12In the latest Eurosport x The Beautiful Game podcast, Eurosport's Ibrahim Mustapha joins Dotun Abijoh and Deji Odedina to look ahead to the two huge Euro 2020 semi finals.The team dissect England’s demolition of Ukraine and look at the very different challenge Denmark will pose at Wembley after their fine tournament so far.There’s also talk about Italy and whether they can continue their impressive run against a Spain team that many are perhaps underestimating.
10. England have to attack against Ukraine to send a message out33:15In the latest episode of the collaboration between Eurosport and The Beautiful Game podcast Ola Fisayo joins Justin Cole and Dotun Abijoh to look ahead to England's clash with the Ukraine on Saturday in the Euro 2020 quarter-finals. The pair discuss who will start in the front three behind Harry Kane, are Buakyo Saka and Jack Grealish the keys to unlocking their opponents?Plus there are thoughts on whether England need to be more attacking or whether they should stay as they are.And finally there is some chat on the other three quarter-finals that are delicately poised.
8. This was the performance of the tournament - Praise for Denmark but worries for Belgium?29:59In the latest Eurosport x The Beautiful Game podcast, producer Ola Fisayo picks up where he left off by resuming hosting duties alongside Dotun Abijoh and Deji Odedina to discuss the first half of the Last 16 matches of Euro 2020. The team begin by discussing the tie of the round, Belgium v Portugal. Was Thorgan Hazard's goal that good? Should Rui Patricio have done better? Plus how worried should we be about Belgium's injuries? Then we move on to the story of the round, Denmark hammering Wales. As for as Abijoh is concerned this was the best performance of the tournament so far. Just how far can Denmark go?There's also time for a quick chat on the street smarts of the Czech Republic and the disappointing Dutch, before we move on to looking forward to Monday's games and then revisiting who we think will reach the final.
7. Is it Mason Mount v Jack Grealish for England? And who wins between Romelu Lukaku and Cristiano Ronaldo?22:46In the latest Eurosport x The Beautiful Game podcast, producer Ola Fisayo steps into the hosting chair alongside Dotun Abijoh and Deji Odedina. The team break down the selection headaches facing England manager Gareth Southgate ahead of the clash with Germany in the Last 16 of Euro 2020. The guys agree that Bukayo Saka has to start, but what happens with Mason Mount and Jack Grealish? After that attention turns to the tie of the round, Belgium against Portugal. As far as the team is concerned it'll come down to who wins the striker battle between Romelu Lukaku and Cristiano Ronaldo. Finally attention turns to our favourites to reach the final. Has the draw opened up for England? Who's getting out of the brutal top half of the bracket? We discuss all.
6. Gareth Southgate has a big headache - he didn't expect Bukayo Saka and Jack Grealish to be so good!30:09In the latest Eurosport x The Beautiful Game podcast, Buj and Dot are joined by Eurosport's very own Pete Sharland. The team break down Gareth Southgate’s tactics in England's victory over Czech Republic and provide answers as to what he should do for the last 16.Bukayo Saka and Jack Grealish were both given starts against the Czechs at Wembley Stadium - very surprisingly in the case of the former - and the pair rewarded their manager with impressive displays.Now, Southgate has a bit of a dilemma as he also seeks to bring back Phil Foden and maybe Mason Mount while juggling other selection issues.Also, let's appreciate Luka Modric some more, shall we? Croatia could now be dangerous...
5. It's not really Harry Kane's fault - Gareth Southgate must use his England bench26:42In the latest Eurosport x The Beautiful Game show, Buj and Dot are joined by Eurosport's own Ben Snowball.The team break down what exactly went so wrong for Gareth Southgate and England in their Euro 2020 clash with Scotland at Wembley Stadium.For all the criticism of striker and captain Harry Kane, the trio believe it has not really been his fault and he will surely come good.Southgate MUST use his bench with England's wealth of attacking options and make the changes that are so needed during matches, according to the team.What now for England and how can they put things right ahead of their final group game against the Czech Republic?