Episode 9 - The Future of Robotics - Terminator, Drones, Crystal Robots and the Future of Wars
Imagine a missile defense system, but with the brain of a Dragonfly. This cyborg mash-up is just the beginning of another fascinating episode with futurist Matthew Griffin. In this episode, we explore the future of wars, robots, drones, and how armies around the world are preparing themselves for the future. Whether it's made by steel, crystal, ice, or human skin, Matt gives us a rundown of all the latest innovations and what they mean for the future of mankind.
View all episodes
8. Episode 8 - The Future of Construction - Self healing homes and 3D Printing Skyscrapers42:55We take a look at the future of construction and manufacturing, including self-healing homes, 3D printed skyscrapers and bio-mineralized fueled, self-replicating bricks! Some incredible advancements in technology are changing the landscape of construction beyond recognition and Matthew Griffin explains these in detail.
7. Episode 7 - The Future of Chat GPT - Artificial Intelligence and Creative Machines48:56Today we will be looking at the meteoric rise of Chat GPT and the wider implications it will have on the job market, education, and everyday life, This AI will fundamentally change how we use the internet, and there is no better person to highlight the various impacts than renowned futurist Matt Griffin.
6. Episode 6 - The Future of Work, Robots and AI Powered Politicians42:18How will advances in technology and robotics impact the workspace and jobs and how should businesses prepare their workforce for the future? We look at this in detail with renowned futurist Matthew Griffin. We also discuss why China have put an AI-powered foreign minister in charge.
5. Episode 5 - The Future of Computing, Liquid Chips and Genetic Evolution42:16In this episode, we look at the future of computing, including biological computers that teach the body to self-medicate, to the future of liquid computer chips, and what happens if you speed up the genetic evolution of mice by millions of years. Fascinating as always and plenty more tangents and thoughts from one of the most knowledgable and sought-after futurists in the world.
4. Episode 4 - The Future of Food, Smart Fridges, Vertical Farms and 3D Printed Sushi39:48In this episode, Matt explores the fascinating future of food, including 3D printed Sushi, smart fridges, vertical farms, and lab-made meat among many other trends. If you've enjoyed this episode, please let us know in the reviews!
3. Episode 3 - The Future of Finance, The Metaverse & Military36:03In this episode, we’re going to be discussing the future of finance among other things. Where we are now, where it’s heading and how we’re going to get there. We’re going to discuss fintech, banks, hedge funds, the Metaverse and even Artificial Intelligence lawyers. We also take a brief look at the future of warfare and what developments nations are working on both in terms of cyber threats and physical ones.
2. Episode 2 - Deepfakes, Life Saving Nanotechnologies and Mind Reading28:54In this epiosde, we cover the future of misinformation, disinformation and the role that Artificial Intelligence plays in both creating and identifying things like deepfakes. We also take a closer look at some of the nanotechnologies being created to treat deadly diseases, how technology is getting closer to being able to read people's minds, and the far-reaching implications this will have on society.
1. Episode 1 - Everlasting Life, City Cryptos & China's Social Scoring38:06In this first episode of Fanatical Futurist, we cover a lot of ground as Matt and Andy discuss amongst other things, the opportunity for everlasting life, human pharmacies, cities like Miami that are looking to do away with tax in favour of crypto mining, and how scientists are exploring incredible ways to solve some of the world's biggest problems like famine and global warming. We also look at some utopian and dystopian futures and Matt gives an optimistic outlook on where our future lies. If you enjoyed this episode, please share it with friends, family, or on social media, and do leave us a review wherever you get your podcasts.