Out Of The Margins
8. Mental Health Support in Churches
Season 1, Ep. 8
This week, Sara and Brendan talk to the director of Sanctuary Mental Health Ministries, Corin Pilling. Our discussion ranges from mental health support available in churches to warm banks and food banks to the challenges of churches being at the front line of these provisions.
9. 9.How to not be an Expert40:42Join us with Michael Shaw to hear about loving your community, seeking growth and what it really means to be a disciple.
7. 7. Creating a Missional Outlook40:24This week Brendan and Sara chat to Michael Houston about his work in Bethnal Green and some of his experiences of ministry there.
6. 6. Forest Church41:26This week we talk to Nicky Pybus about her work in Bournville as a pioneer and how she set up a Forest Church.
5. 5. Working With The Community, Not At Them51:32This week Brendan and Sara chat to Simon Rea who lives and works in Stonegrove, in Edgware. We talk about the opening of a community space within the building used for the church, and what possibilities and opportunities that has created for the community. Then we talk about Alms-houses and how they could be a project for the future rather than a thing of the past.
4. 4. The Barriers to Kingdom Growth in Your Community39:26We spoke to Simon Jay about where he sees the kingdom of God working in his community at the Haven in Welsh House Farm.
What Next?39:11We spoke with Jonathan about life on Thamesmead Estate and how Covid has changed the landscape of church and work.
2. 2. 'What is dying and what is coming to life...?'38:37Rev Helen Shannon shares with us some wisdom around what we are sees and sensing in this post pandemic time in are estates and low income communities. What is dying? How has the local estate church responded to what is dying and what are they seeing is beginning to flourish. For more check it out...
1. 1. More With Less36:23For our first episode of this brand new podcast, Sara Barron and Brendan Bassett are joined by Rev Chris Fallone to discuss making more with less in mission and ministry on social housing estates.