Fingers On Buzzers
Fingers on Buzzers is brought to you by comedian and keen amateur quizzer Lucy Porter, alongside The Chase's very own Jenny Ryan.
106. 106 Going Blankety Blank, with Nigel Crowle29:32This week, Lucy and Jenny are delighted to welcome a man to the show who has worked in more TV shows than even he can care to remember, from Blankety Blank, to Odd One Out with Paul Daniels, and Talking Telephone numbers in between.Nigel Crowle has had an incredible career in TV and radio production, working on a huge number of shows and tells us about some of the productions he's been behind, and how he had a hand in setting-up Lembit Opik with Sian Lloyd!Nigel takes us on a fantastic journey of nostalgia, as we revisit some iconic shows and moments in TV history, through his eyes, as well as what went on when the cameras were turned off! BUY THE FOB BOOK HERE!Fingers on Buzzers: From Bullseye... by Ryan, Jenny (amazon.co.uk)
View all episodes
105. 105 Booking Time with Lucy & Jenny30:10As the need for filling up the Christmas stocking gathers pace (at the time of record and release, anyhow) Lucy and Jenny have decided we deserve an early Christmas treat in the form of a snippet of their book, Fingers on Buzzers: From Bullseye to Pointless, a celebratory journey through the history of the Great British Quiz!As well as being available online and from all good bookshops in print, it's also in audiobook form, and as listeners know, Jenny and Lucy really are a proper treat for the ears. Not only do we get a glimpse of what to expect from their book, but we also get a look behind the covers of two curious tomes from the past, including The Antiques Roadshow quiz book, presented to us by lovely listener, Alan Dunn AND we also delve into a quiz book from a star of the silver screen and not a lot of people know that he loves setting questions about historical happenings with incredibly tenuous links to days of the year....You were lonely supposed to answer the bloody questions.BUY THE FOB BOOK HERE!Fingers on Buzzers: From Bullseye... by Ryan, Jenny (amazon.co.uk)
104. 104 The Hundrethish Episode32:21Join Lucy and Jenny in their wild celebrations of the show's centenary episode, when you've guessed it, the quiz they night away with the theme ONE HUNDRED as a guide to the games and questions.It seems there are indeed a hundred ways to quiz your lovers, and the team show no signs of stopping now and are certainly not letting the fact that this is the one hundred and FOURTH episode stop them. So get involved in the 100th(ish) edition of FOB and here's to one hundred more!
103. 103 Hal Cruttenden's Quizzy Scrum38:37It's FOB Friday, and then team are joined by the wonderous comedian and competitive quizzer, Hal Cruttenden so he can have a good vent about all the quiz shows he's appeared on, but more importantly, all the shows he's yet to have been asked to do!Lucy also compiles a quiz which is as tenuous as it is wonderful, to connect the worlds of rugby and films... it's about as easy as it sounds.And the team devise a new game show which Hal can host, embracing his 'mean' side, Anne Robinson has NOTHING on this guy!Don't forget to get your hands on the FOB BOOK!Fingers on Buzzers: From Bullseye to Pointless, a celebratory journey through the history of the Great British Quiz Fingers on Buzzers by Jenny Ryan | Waterstones
102. 102 Crossing Words, with Mick Hodgkin41:57Most quizzers love taking their time over a crossword at the weekend and might even be partial to a puzzler book to take on holiday, but what's it like to work in the worlds of puzzles and crosswords professionally? Well, Jenny and Lucy decided to invite The Times and Sunday Times puzzles editor and crossword setter, Mick Hodgkin into the studio to pick his brains about this and what happened at this year's Times Crossword Championships, which sounded like a nail-biting affair!We also hear from Mick about his appearances on Only Connect and Egg Heads, as well as why his past career meant he often voiced the roles of world dictators and despot. Plus, the gang indulge in some TV nostalgia when they see how well the quiz aspect of game show 'Crosswits' stands up today and why we need to bring back televised sudoku! Don't forget to get your hands on the FOB BOOK! Fingers on Buzzers: From Bullseye to Pointless, a celebratory journey through the history of the Great British Quiz Fingers on Buzzers by Jenny Ryan | Waterstones
101. 101 FOB LIVE: With Charlie Higson01:06:39A week is a long time in podcasting, as if you weren't at the live show conducted by Jenny and Lucy at The Museum of Comedy, you've had to wait a whole week to see what happened in part two of the Tim Vine / Charlie Higson double bill. Well, your patience is rewarded right now, as you can hear the brilliant episode with comedian, writer and grumpy quiz show host extraordinaire,Charlie Higson! You can of course expect the usual quiz-based chat and games, as well as a sneak peek into the new Fingers on Buzzers book, which is now available from all good bookshops, as well as the link below. Charlie is also an open book, as he turns whistle blower on what happens behind the scenes of Celebrity Mastermind, why he and Jenny have beef, and why he will never speak the name of his Pointless wife. We also have another special guest, who despite their two-dimensional nature, loves a happy atmosphere... Fingers on Buzzers: From Bullseye to Pointless, a celebratory journey through the history of the Great British Quiz Fingers on Buzzers by Jenny Ryan | Waterstones
100. 100 FOB LIVE: With Tim Vine50:57Lucy and Jenny took to the stage to celebrate two incredible things, one - the launch of their fantastic book, available in the shops now - AND recording their 100th episode with the incredible Tim Vine as special guest!What a lovely night it was, huge thanks to the brilliant team at The Museum of Comedy for looking after us so well, and to everyone who came to watch us there!You can hear part two with Charlie Higson in next week's episode.Right now though, why not get your hands on the Fingers on Buzzers book, it's the perfect gift for ANYONE whose ever watched a TV quiz show, or wants to host a quiz at home....Fingers on Buzzers: From Bullseye to Pointless, a celebratory journey through the history of the Great British Quiz by Jenny Ryan | WHSmith