#13 - Sven De Cleyn "You want to raise funds ? Be honest. "
Welcome to our EuroQuity podcast, my name is An Meers. This podcast was designed as the EuroQuity platform, a place to meet, share and exchange between entrepreneurs, investors and advisors. We want to inspire, entertain and inform you ! In each episode, we will meet a guest who will share with us their journey and vision of entrepreneurship.
For this new episode, we are pleased to welcome Sven De Cleyn. Sven leads the imec.istart acceleration program for young technology start ups at Imec and he is managing director of the Imec Fund. He serves on the board of directors or advisory board of several technology companies. And he was voted investor of the year in 2017. We could name him Mr. Tech Startup.
In this episode, Sven talks about his journey at Imec and the purpose of the imec.istart program: what are the criteria to enter? What are the benefits? What made it a success?
He also talks about his passion for entrepreneurship. A passion born on the benches of the school, thanks to a passionate teacher!
In this episode, you will learn:
- What the imec.istart acceleration program is and what to know before joining
- About this year's celebration of 10 years imec.istart
- Why the capital of the Imec Fund was recently increased
- The impact of covid on investors and on belgian startups
- Why Namibia is on Sven's bucketlist
Enjoy listening !