The Emma Guns Show
Dr Ramani Durvasula | Top tips for spotting a narcissist.
‘Pushing back on narcissism is a human rights issue’.
Dr Ramani Durvasula is a clinical psychologist, best-selling author and professor of psychology who shares her expertise on narcissism and narcissistic personality disorder on the latest episode of the podcast.
The term ‘narcissist’ is bandied around a lot but it’s an overused and misunderstood word, which is why I asked Dr Ramani to join me on the show. During our conversation she helps unpick and unpack its complexities, what it is, what it isn’t and how to navigate the world knowing that being a victim of narcissism can cause you real harm.
If you think you understand what a narcissist is and how to spot one then think again…
In this episode, @drramani shares:
- The difference between narcissism and narcissistic personality disorder.
- Why the label ‘narcissist’ is too broad.
- Whether narcissism is innate or learned.
- The emotional damage a narcissist can cause and why the fallout can be so devastating for the victim.
- The types of people who are most likely to get caught in a narcissist’s trap.
- Why narcissism is rewarded in today’s society and why it’s turning narcissism into an epidemic.
- Whether a narcissist ever gets their just deserts.
- Whether you should ever tell an narcissistic off, and much more…
Dr Ramani’s books are available now at all good book stores:
To hear more from Dr Ramani visit her Youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/c/DoctorRamani
To join the closed Facebook group for the podcast click here >> The Emma Guns Show Forum.