#SoInLove!!! Amazon + Google = <3 <3 <3
YouTubeTV comes to Amazon Fire TV devices signaling that the wall between Google and Amazon really is coming down.
That and much more in this week's Everyday Tech!
This week's tech links to see:
- Sony Drops PlayStation Now Pricing
- OneDrive Expandable Storage and Personal Vault Launches Worldwide
- YouTube TV Comes to Amazon Fire TV Devices
- YouTube Music Replaces Google Play Music in Android 10
- Spotify Tests Much-Awaited Siri Integration on iPhones
- Instagram makes its bully-blocking feature available to everyone
- Apple updates iOS to 13.1.2, hopefully squashing the remaining bugs
- Google and Levi's introduce a new smart jacket that can answer calls and snap selfies
- WhatsApp is testing a self-destructing messages feature
- Google is making it easier to check if your passwords have been compromised in a data breach
- Google announces three new ways to hide your personal activity from Google
- Pixel 4’s Recorder app leaks, revealing automatic transcription capabilities
- UPS just won FAA approval to fly as many delivery drones as it wants
- How to pair PS4 or Xbox controllers with iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, or Android
- Apple News Plus rolls out to UK, Australia with new publications
- tvOS 13’s small improvements make for a much better Apple TV experience
Everyday Tech Rewind - The Social Dilemma on Netflix
This week's episode of ET was washed out by the mess in DC. So, we've dug waaaaay back the archives to three months ago for this week's Everyday Tech.On this episode of Everyday Tech, the guys deep dive into the issue of addiction to technology and specifically, social media. The topic was spurned on by the Netflix docu-dramaThe Social Dilemma.According to the filmmakers, and their subjects, this isthe dilemma.Never before have a handful of tech designers had such control over the way billions of us think, act, and live our lives.From the official site of the doc:The Social Dilemmablends documentary investigation and narrative drama to disrupt the disrupters, unveiling the hidden machinations behind everyone’s favorite social media and search platforms.So, how stuck in your own tech rabbit-hole are you? Can you change? Do you feel you need to change?Watch the official trailer for the documentary by clicking the picture above.Also, you can visit the website for the productionhere.
Tech Byte - Do I HAVE to stream my TV viewing?
Jay and Wiltz take a call from a listener who's gotten the impression that if she doesn't convert to TV streaming, her favorite shows are going away. The guys point out that box-top cable is going nowhere, and that actually, as the cost of streaming soars, box-top cable companies (who also offer streaming and on-demand options) continue to add value back to their services. But, there are advantages either way you go. It all depends on how you consume television and how that fits into your daily routine.