This Podcast is Delicious
Ali & Marco welcome Trevor Lui to the podcast. This culinary Superhero, continues to raise the profile of Toronto with his food, brings the stories of his life and his dishes to the page with his book The Double Happiness Cookbook. His video series Soulful Food Stories is a video series that exposes the ‘other’ side of communities and neighbourhoods. His organization Quell represent talented underrepresented food, drink and lifestyle leaders. There’s all this and a whole lot more. Listen as we interview our guest Trevor Lui
- [02:00] Ali mentions how he met Trevor.
- [4:00] Trevor talks about his cookbook’s playlist.
- [8:05] Trevor tells us the journey of writing his cookbook.
- [12:03] Trevor’s Dad’s Hollywood dream.
- [19:00] We discuss restaurants that serve multiple ethnic cuisine.
- [20:50] Racism within the food industry.
- [23:00] The rebranding of Joy Bird to Bao Bird.
- [24:17] The Night Market.
- [28:30] Trevor explains why he is an “Egg-Thug for Life”
- [30:31] On being diabetic and his cookbook and working in the food industry.
- [33:10] Quell.
- [37:00] What the impact was for Ali to see Chef Joshna on TV and what she has said about being with Quell.
- [41:08] Advice from Trevor for young creatives
- [42:22] Ways the industry make the changes needed.
- [47:40] How to eat French Onion Soup the right way.
Connect with us on:
Instagram: This Podcast is Delicious