Eat & Drink
64. Screwdriver & Home Made Veggie Burger
Comedians Ali Hassan & Marco Timpano, discuss, lament & come to terms with Food & Drink. They bring over a quarter century of restaurant experience to the podcast table.
Today's episode Marco is alfresco making a simple, classic and fantastic cocktail and Ali tries to figure out what to call his wonderful burger creation.
Alex Guarnaschelli is a host and judge on several Food Network programmes and she's pretty great. We wanted to test her version of this simple cocktail. Did she build a better mousetrap? Listen and you'll hear.
1 orange, washed and cut into 1/4-inch thick rounds
0.5 oz of lemon,
Pinch kosher salt
2 oz ounces chilled vodka
5 cups chilled orange juice
1 cup crushed ice
Here we go, if you are like Marco you are going to spill and get sticky orange juice all over the place.
- Put the orange slices into a container of some sort, cocktail shaker if you got one.
- Add he lemon juice and the pinch of salt.
- Use a muddler to "bruise" the orange slices so that the oil in the peels emerges and the pulp from the orange mixes with the lemon juice.
- Add the vodka and continue to stir. (this a no shake cocktail)
- Add the orange juice and combine well.
Enjoy the perfect travellers cocktail.