Dream Job Ready
What it's like to work for Red Bull, create content with professional athletes and follow your passion with Mike Cianciulli | EP28
Dream Job Ready Episode 28: Mike Cianciulli (Sports Producer at Red Bull Media House).
"Your first job is not going to be your best job," replies Mike when I ask him the Listener Question of the Week.
How would you like to work for Red Bull? In this episode, Sports Producer Mike Cianciulli shares some great advice and tips about getting a job at the global drinks giant, as well as explaining why he's as stoked to work there today as he was when he first started with the brand 4 years ago.
Mike's had a couple of dream jobs during his career, including a long stint as a content creator at surf forecasting and media site, Surfline. After some time off to travel and explore the world, Mike found a job advertisement for Red Bull, applied, interviewed, accepted and hasn't looked back. In this episode he explains how his first Red Bull Media House role was potentially a step sideways in his career but how it was always a step up in opportunity and circumstance.
Here's a breakdown of the episode:
- 0.40sec: Mike breaks down his role and responsibilities at Red Bull Media House.
- 1.30min: We talk about the power of Red Bull's marketing resources, brand plan and media network.
- 2.40min: We talk about the investment and scale Red Bull puts in to its Media House, and Mike talks about the continual learning and training he gets on the job.
- 4.30min: Discussing the onboarding process at Red Bull and the brand's infectious culture.
- 5.15min: Mike talks about how his career transitioned Surfline to holiday travel to Red Bull.
- 10.00min: Mike shares advice about managing change, transition, re-organisation and role moves in the work place.
- 12.00min: We discuss mindset and approach to interviewing and job applications, as well as the benefits of having recommendations and references on the inside.
- 14.30min: We discuss addressing your experience and lack thereof during the interview process.
- 17.48min: The importance of being prepared during a job application process and knowing your purpose.
- 18.45min: Mike gives advice about sharing your plans for growth and goals.
- 19.30min: We discuss some of Mike and Red Bull Media House's best and froth-worthy work.
- 22:00min: We discuss inspiration and ideas.
- 23.23min: Listener Question of the Week... Rachel asked "Did your first job teach you anything that is still important today?"
- 26:30min: Mike explains how he got his first dream job with Surfline and how he worked his way up with the company.
- 32:00min: I ask Mike where he thinks sports and content production is going "next" and what has him excited.
- 34:00min: Mike's final thoughts on following your passion...
Thanks for listening! If you'd like to financially support this podcast series, please make a contribution via https://supporter.acast.com/dream-job-ready.
Please connect with Dream Job Ready via our socials:
Twitter / @dreamjobready
Facebook / @dreamjobready
Instagram / @dreamjobready
And feel free to Email me your questions on: email@example.com.
As always, a huge thanks to University of Wollongong for their ongoing support and assistance! Follow UOW on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/school/university-of-wollongong/
Want to connect with Mike? Hit him up on LinkedIn (tell him you listened to this podcast).
Music: ‘Funky Sunday’ composed and performed by my former music teacher, Mark Matthews.
Copyright 2020 | Remarkable