Leadership and Loyalty™
John Bates: Developing your TED Message
Have you considered the immense value it could bring you as a leader if you were able to communicate your message and the message of your organization in a TED Style format?
As a leader you know that being a leader is no longer about barking out orders from behind a closed door. Leaders today must become masterful communicators and storytellers who can do far better than spitting out data. Today’s leaders must be able to emotionally engage not only their own organization but also potential business partners and customers.
But how can you do that, particularly if speaking is completely unfamiliar ground?
Well stay tuned because our esteemed guest is a master at showing you exactly how to do just that!
John Bates's WHY is to bring out what is awesome inside every person, so it can live in the world and make a real difference.
John’s background was a founder, co-founder or very early stage employee at Internet related startup companies like BIGWORDS.com - which flamed out in the dotcom bomb, or Goldstar.com ... is still rocking and rolling.
John would always end up with the title Evangelist. He has raised several hundred million dollars with his various teams, in Silicon Valley and beyond.
Today, he trains and coaches the NASA Astronauts, top leaders at Johnson & Johnson, Accenture and more in leadership communication. He's one of the most prolific TED Format trainers in the world. What’s most interesting is that John Bates completely and totally blew it the first time on the TED Stage.
And now, one of the most prolific TED Format Speaking trainers in the world today, John Bates!
On this episode we go FullMonty on:
- Lesson’s from his Original Debate Coach
- The Vital Importance of Having a Mentor
- Authenticity – Real and Fake!
- How to Build Trust and Loyalty
- What Moves People to Action
- The Neurobiology of Decision Making
- How Many Ideas Can You Effectually Convey in a Single Presentation
- How to Filter Down to What’s Most Important
- The Importance of Having Poetic License
- The Two Most Important Parts of Every Single Presentation
- The Best Openings to put an Audience to Sleep
- Why Trying to Show Your Expertise Will Fail You Miserably
- Why Vulnerability is Vital
- The Neurobiology of Connecting with Your Audience
- When Leadership REALLY Matters
- John’s Brush with Death… and What He Had to Learn!
- Leadership and Courage
- The Power of Context
To find out more about John Bates: executivespeakingsuccess.com
Remember you can now also find us on iTunes, Spotify, iHeart Radio, or wherever you tune into podcasts.
And on traditional radio stations across the US every Monday and Thursday on:
- 99.5 FM & 1520 AM Las Vegas
- 102.1 FM & 1640 AM Lancaster, Philadelphia
- 87.9 FM & 810 AM Macon, Georgia
- 92.1 FM & 1630 AM Tampa, Florida
- 97.7 The Villages, Florida
- 96.3 FM Boulder, Colorado
- 90.3 FM Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- 94.7 FM Pittsburg, Philadelphia
- 87.9 FM Colorado Springs, Colorado
- And NOW LIVE on 96.7FM WASHINGTON, DC and on 96.7FM covering THE WASHINGTON DC & QUANTICO area.
Also, look for us on ROKU TV where there are 100K subscribers.
If you are a regular listener, then a big thank-you to you for making us the #1 podcast globally for Fortune 500 listeners!
And with a potential reach of 2.5 to 3 million listeners for every show, we’re honored and grateful to be cited in INC.com as The #1 Podcast To Make You a Better Leader