Leadership and Loyalty™
Jeff Dalton: Great Big Agile
Are you a small agile organization, or maybe you're part of a mammoth organization? You could even be a small but rigid company operating like a mammoth. If so, you will really want to catch this episode to find out how to develop an Operating System for Agile Leadership!
Of course, you know that we live in the fastest changing time we’ve ever known. Things that were yesterday's best practices are today's death rattle. The challenge is not just at the size of our organization, but also the rigidity of the leader.
But how can you and I develop the level of agility we need to move quickly in the turbulent waters of todays business world?
Let’s find out together…
My guest on this episode is Jeff Dalton. Jeff is the Chief Evangelist at AgileCxO, and his new book "Great Big Agile: An Operating System for Agile Leadership" examines the coming crisis of leadership.
Jeff draws on over 35 years of technology leadership from Silicon Valley to Detroit in order to frame the coming conflict. He offers a new model for leaders who need to transform themselves from command-and-control managers into inspirational motivators who are stewards and operators of a self-organizing and enabling infrastructure.
Jeff Dalton has written for CIO Magazine, CIO Online, Better Software, Magazine, and the Cutter IT Business Journal on agile leadership in a large-scale environment.
On this episode we go FullMonty on:
- The Myth about what Agility really means
- Why 63% of leaders are projecting a philosophy that conflicts with agile values
- The shocking reality that 51% of leaders are lacking the basic skills to lead agile organizations
- Why today's leaders are on a collision course with the wave of younger team members, and what you can do about it!
- The lessons Jeff got from latin-jazz fusion and degrees in music and computer science
- The question we need to start asking ourselves in order to become more agile
- With the focus on WHY, Why is "HOW" important?
- Permission Vs Accountability
- 3 Levels of ascending leadership for agility
To find out more about Jeff Dalton Chief Evangelist at http://AgileCxO.org
On Twitter @CMMIAppraiser
Remember you can now also find us on iTunes, Spotify, iHeart Radio, or wherever you tune into podcasts.
And on traditional radio stations across the US every Monday and Thursday on:
99.5 FM & 1520 AM Las Vegas
102.1 FM & 1640 AM Lancaster, Philadelphia
87.9 FM & 810 AM Macon, Georgia
92.1 FM & 1630 AM Tampa, Florida
97.7 The Villages, Florida
96.3 FM Boulder, Colorado
90.3 FM Milwaukee, Wisconsin
94.7 FM Pittsburg, Philadelphia
87.9 FM Colorado Springs, Colorado
And NOW LIVE on 96.7FM WASHINGTON, DC and on 96.7FM covering THE WASHINGTON DC & QUANTICO area.
Also, look for us on ROKU TV where there are 100K subscribers.
If you are a regular listener, then a big thank-you to you for making us the #1 podcast globally for Fortune 500 listeners!
And with a potential reach of 2.5 to 3 million listeners for every show, we’re honored and grateful to be cited in INC.com as The #1 Podcast To Make You a Better Leader