Leadership and Loyalty™
Drew Dudley: Day One Leadership
Are we measuring leadership by the wrong metrics?
We often say things like; well you can’t argue with the leaders results… but maybe we need to?
Have you ever thought about why so many leaders struggle with owning their leadership positions? Furthermore as a progressive, conscious leader you likely understand that a good part of your job is to grow and develop new leaders, but how do you do that when all to often the people who want to be leaders are poorly suited for it, and the ones that are suited often shy away?
Our guest on this episode is Drew Dudley, he is the Founder & Chief Catalyst of Day One Leadership, Inc., which helps organizations around the world increase their leadership capacity.
His clients have included some of the world’s most dynamic companies and organizations, including McDonald’s, Dreamworks Animation, JP Morgan Chase, and over 75 colleges and universities.
Prior to founding Day One, he spent 8 years as the Director of one of Canada’s largest leadership development programs at the University of Toronto, and served as National Chair of one of Canada’s largest youth charities, which mobilized 35,000 volunteers to raise a million dollars annually to support the work of Cystic Fibrosis Canada.
Drew has spoken to over 250,000 people on 5 continents. TIME, Business Insider and Inc. magazines have all named his TED talk as
one of their “10 speeches that will make you a better leader”.
On this episode we go FullMonty on:
- Why some of the best leaders are less than comfortable with the title of "leader"
- The difference between Leaders and those whoo lead as a "catalysts for harm"
- "Day One" leadership
- 6 Daily Questions to keep us integral
- The 3 most addictive things there are
- Closing the gap between who you presently are and who you want to be.
- How Drew deals with (each day) being diagnosed as bipolar
- The education system how it can empower or disempower us owning our leadership
- Good mental health... "today" each day!
- If your leadership doesn't have grandiosity are you really a leader?
- Do you know the difference between your "to do list" and your "to be" lists?
- Mood swing verses state swing.
- When you've tried "everything" what's next?
- The power of questions
- What makes Drew cry
- Who is Drew's Leadership Hero's
- Why working more than 40 hours a week is a failure for Drew
- And so much more...
To find out more about Drew Dudley: www.drewdudley.com
Remember you can now also find us on iTunes, Spotify, iHeart Radio, or wherever you tune into podcasts.
And on traditional radio stations across the US every Monday and Thursday on:
99.5 FM & 1520 AM Las Vegas
102.1 FM & 1640 AM Lancaster, Philadelphia
87.9 FM & 810 AM Macon, Georgia
92.1 FM & 1630 AM Tampa, Florida
97.7 The Villages, Florida
96.3 FM Boulder, Colorado
90.3 FM Milwaukee, Wisconsin
94.7 FM Pittsburg, Philadelphia
87.9 FM Colorado Springs, Colorado
And NOW LIVE on 96.7FM WASHINGTON, DC and on 96.7FM covering THE WASHINGTON DC & QUANTICO area.
Also, look for us on ROKU TV where there are 100K subscribers.
If you are a regular listener, then a big thank-you to you for making us the #1 podcast globally for Fortune 500 listeners!
And with a potential reach of 2.5 to 3 million listeners for every show, we’re honored and grateful to be cited in INC.com as The #1 Podcast To Make You a Better Leader