Leadership and Loyalty™
Dr Kathleen Allen: Leading from the Roots
Are you ready for a fascinating conversation? Hold on to your earbuds because your mind is about to be rattled.
As we stretch out into the not so distant future of machine learning and sitting at the feet of the A.I gods…
Will we know how to stay in touch with “why” we’re doing what we’re doing, and with the people/humans within our organization?
Through Artificial Intelligence and machine learning we are already looking at how to be more efficient as businesses and as organizations
The question is have we stopped to consider the potential cost to us at not only a corporate, but at a human level?
With the integration of more and more A.I will we know how to stay in touch with why we’re doing what we’re doing. Moreover, will we be able to stay emotionally connected to the people within our organization?
What if we had access to 3.8 billion years of research that you could tap into to assist us?
Well let’s find out together…
My guests on this episode is Dr. Kathleen Allen
She is the author of Leading from the Roots: Nature Inspired Leadership Lessons for Today’s World She is the President of Allen and Associates, a consulting firm that specializes in nature-based leadership, innovation, and organizational change.
She’s worked with high profile organizations including the McKnight Foundation and UC Berkeley, among others. She is a member of the International Occupation of Leadership. She writes on leadership and organizations in a way that describes a new paradigm of leadership that is based in lessons from nature and living systems.
On This episode we go FullMonty on:
- Creating organization that thrive 200-300 years into the future
- Leadership inspired by Nature
- Holistic Organizations
- Biomimicry in Leadership
- The Power of Local Expertise and Collaboration
- A System for Insightful Self Evaluation
- The Power of Assumptions
- The Synaptic connections of nature
- The illusion of separation
- Embracing the power of regenerative design
- Organizational Sunlight and photosynthesis.
And so much more...
To find out more about Dr Kathleen Allen: https://kathleenallen.net
Remember you can now also find us on iTunes, Spotify, iHeart Radio, or wherever you tune into podcasts.
And on traditional radio stations across the US every Monday and Thursday on:
- 99.5 FM & 1520 AM Las Vegas
- 102.1 FM & 1640 AM Lancaster, Philadelphia
- 87.9 FM & 810 AM Macon, Georgia
- 92.1 FM & 1630 AM Tampa, Florida
- 97.7 The Villages, Florida
- 96.3 FM Boulder, Colorado
- 90.3 FM Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- 94.7 FM Pittsburg, Philadelphia
- 87.9 FM Colorado Springs, Colorado
- And NOW LIVE on 96.7FM WASHINGTON, DC and on 96.7FM covering THE WASHINGTON DC & QUANTICO area.
Also, look for us on ROKU TV where there are 100K subscribers.
If you are a regular listener, then a big thank-you to you for making us the #1 podcast globally for Fortune 500 listeners!
And with a potential reach of 2.5 to 3 million listeners for every show, we’re honored and grateful to be cited in INC.com as The #1 Podcast To Make You a Better Leader