Leadership and Loyalty™
Brent Hayden: Olympic Entrepreneur
We all admire what it takes to become an Olympian, particularly in the context of discipline, but could there be a downside when that same discipline is applied to business?
You know that whether we like it or not discipline in one form or another is part of what it takes to be a great leader. But have you ever considered that there could be a downside to it?
If there is, how can we sort out where and when strong discipline is needed?
Well let's find out together. Our guest on this episode of #leadership and #loyalty is: 3-time Olympian, Olympic Bronze Medallist and World Champion swimmer from Mission BC Canada. Mr Brent Hayden
He’s regarded as the fastest swimmer in Canadian history, and was the first Canadian swimmer ever to win an Olympic medal in the most coveted event...the 100m freestyle.
He is a British Columbia Sports Hall of Fame Inductee, Queen’s Diamond Jubilee Medal recipient, and a two-time TEDx speaker.
As well is a contemporary fine art photographer who’s work is gaining traction in the gallery world.
Let's welcome 3x Olympian, Olympic Medallist and World Champion. Co-founder of the Astra Athletica - superior functional activewear… Brent Hayden!
On this episode we go FullMonty on:
- Failing successfully
- How he failed swimming lessons became Canada’s fastest swimmer
- The most common misunderstanding about being an Olympian
- Why he believes motivation is crap
- We dive Inside the Olympic mindset...shocking!
- The ups and downs of the work hard - play hard mentality
- Being beaten and arrested in the streets of Athens, Greece
- Transitioning out of being an olympian
- How being an Olympian hurt him as an entrepreneur
- Starting his active wear company
- His joy...The art of Photography
and so many more fascinating insights...
To Find out more about Brent Hayden: www.brenthayden.com
Remember you can now also find us on iTunes, Spotify, iHeart Radio, or wherever you tune into podcasts.
And on traditional radio stations across the US every Monday and Thursday on:
- 99.5 FM & 1520 AM Las Vegas
- 102.1 FM & 1640 AM Lancaster, Philadelphia
- 87.9 FM & 810 AM Macon, Georgia
- 92.1 FM & 1630 AM Tampa, Florida
- 97.7 The Villages, Florida
- 96.3 FM Boulder, Colorado
- 90.3 FM Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- 94.7 FM Pittsburg, Philadelphia
- 87.9 FM Colorado Springs, Colorado
- And NOW LIVE on 96.7FM WASHINGTON, DC and on 96.7FM covering THE WASHINGTON DC & QUANTICO area.
Also, look for us on ROKU TV where there are 100K subscribers.
If you are a regular listener, then a big thank-you to you for making us the #1 podcast globally for Fortune 500 listeners!
And with a potential reach of 2.5 to 3 million listeners for every show, we’re honored and grateful to be cited in INC.com as The #1 Podcast To Make You a Better Leader