Leadership and Loyalty™
Aviv Shahar: Create New Futures
Do you think it’s possible to produce breakthroughs and transform in the world through a different quality of conversation?
Stepping into that "next" role as a leader can be overwhelming… even if you’ve been a CEO before and this is a new gig, or for that matter if this is your first time up to bat in a leadership position.
So, what is it that all of us who step into becoming the New Boss need to know in order to not only achieve success, but sustain it?
Let's find out together; Our guest on this episode is Aviv Shahar.
Aviv Shahar is founder and president of Aviv Consulting, a strategic innovation consultancy, and the author of Creating New Futures—How Leaders Produce Breakthroughs and Transform the World Through Conversation. Fortune 500 companies hire him to help their senior teams create purpose-inspired futures and innovative strategies that drive growth.
Aviv’s clients include executives at Alcoa, Chevron, Cisco, DuPont, General Mills, Hewlett Packard, Lufthansa, Procter & Gamble, Ring Central, and Zoom. He’s worked with clients in Brazil, Canada, China, Germany, Great Britain, Holland, India, Israel, Mexico, Poland, Singapore, Spain, Taiwan, and the United States.
For more than 25 years, Aviv has specialized in helping executives and managers enhance their creativity and innovation, competence and collaboration, and clarity of vision, especially in critical situations. Aviv’s experience in coaching for high-level performance in critical operations was gained as a fighter pilot who was responsible for training other fighter pilots in the Israeli Air Force. Aviv’s air force training and discipline taught him about thorough planning, flawless execution and the discipline of debrief; it was during these years that he adopted
his life motto for continual learning: An un-debriefed action is a wasted action.
During the course of his leadership work, clients asked Aviv to help them innovate and grow. In response, Aviv developed Strategic Innovation—a multi-functional approach that brings together all assets, capabilities and disciplines of an organization, so they can
be used to create exciting new futures.
His work has been published in Forbes, The Huffington Post, the Futurist, as well as other books and publications. He is the author of a new book: "Create New Futures”
On this episode we go full Monty on:
- Lesson's from his Father
- The potentially devastating diagnosis he received as a 7 year old
- The 4 zones of Leadership Development
- The Most Critical Currency of Leadership
- Collective Stupidity Syndrome
- How to know if you are in the RIGHT conversation
- What is Conservation Architecture
- Why he wrote his book in Portals not chapters
- The spirit of defiance
- Why telling stories is Not enough
- The 72 Hour Rule
- High Velocity Learning Organizations
- The three Jobs every employee must embrace
- and so much more...
Find out more about Aviv Shahar: AvivConsulting.com
Remember you can now also find us on iTunes, Spotify, iHeart Radio, or wherever you tune into podcasts.
And on traditional radio stations across the US every Monday and Thursday on:
- 99.5 FM & 1520 AM Las Vegas
- 102.1 FM & 1640 AM Lancaster, Philadelphia
- 87.9 FM & 810 AM Macon, Georgia
- 92.1 FM & 1630 AM Tampa, Florida
- 97.7 The Villages, Florida
- 96.3 FM Boulder, Colorado
- 90.3 FM Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- 94.7 FM Pittsburg, Philadelphia
- 87.9 FM Colorado Springs, Colorado
- And NOW LIVE on 96.7FM WASHINGTON, DC and on 96.7FM covering THE WASHINGTON DC & QUANTICO area.
Also, look for us on ROKU TV where there are 100K subscribers.
If you are a regular listener, then a big thank-you to you for making us the #1 podcast globally for Fortune 500 listeners!
And with a potential reach of 2.5 to 3 million listeners for every show, we’re honored and grateful to be cited in INC.com as The #1 Podcast To Make You a Better Leader