Episode 335: The Sounds of Washington, D.C. - Part 1
Known to most of the world as a political playground, Washington, D.C. is a city where decisions that shape the course of, not just American, but HUMAN history, are made every day. More than that though, D.C. is a city where cultures collide resulting in a creative class that produces some of the most compelling and diverse art in the world. Built on the legacy of jazz and go-go, D.C. is on the cusp of a creative explosion and bringing everything from hip-hop to indie rock into the fold.
On our latest podcast, we're kicking off a twelve-part series exploring the sounds of our home, where they come from, and where they may be going. Joining us for this inaugural installment of Sounds Of Washington, D.C. are Hometown Sounds host Paul Vodra, and Philip Basnight, one-half of D.C. folk-pop powerhouses Broke Royals.
- Get to know the artists featured on this episode:
- Odd Mojo: Bandcamp | Twitter
- Reed Appleseed: Bandcamp
- allthebestkids: Official Site | Bandcamp | Twitter
- Light Beams: Bandcamp | Facebook | Twitter
- Broke Royals: Official Site | Facebook | Twitter
- Chopteeth Afrofunk Big Band: Official Site | Facebook | Twitter
- Incidental music courtesy of Aquatic Gardener. Hear more/buy it HERE.
- Support us on Patreon! [link]