This Creation of Our Genius
As long as we've been self-aware, we've desired companionship. And yet, we are not enough for one another; we hunger for something more - something that folklore, imaginary friends, and now technology have attempted to satisfy. Today, we stand at a crossroads beyond which is a future full of artificial lives. What kinds of minds will we create for ourselves? And what kind of future will those minds make for us?
- "The Measure of a Man," Season 2, Episode 9 of Star Trek: The Next Generation
- "Be Right Back," Season 2, Episode 1 of Black Mirror
- THX 1138
- The confession scene in THX 1138
- "When her best friend died, she rebuilt him using artificial intelligence."
- The tablets on Star Trek: The Next Generation were called PADDs
- ...and there were a lot of them
All music used in this episode is independently produced and licensed by Design Tomorrow for non-commercial use.
- MD by r beny
- But Enough About Me, Bill Paxton, by Chris Zabriskie
- Cities Sleep Like Seeds by r beny
- The Sea's Sullen Green by r beny
- Empty Grinds by r beny
- Glisten by r beny
Design Tomorrow is produced by Chris Butler at the Tomorrow office in Durham, NC.
You can follow the show on Twitter @dsgntmrrw. You can visit the show's website at designtomorrow.co, and you can email me at chris @ designtomorrow.co.
Thanks for listening, and remember, what we do and think today can create a better tomorrow.