The Last Thing We Need Are Smartphones
When so many problems of existence remain unsolved, we haven't earned the luxury of smartphones. So this is an intervention. A challenge to the status quo of waste and distraction and triviality and short-term pile-on that is our way of life here in 2019...
- "Give it a second! It's going to space!"
- "not just actual attention but the promise of future, fictional, vaporous attention" - Dan Hon
- Flint, Michigan still doesn't have clean water
- Bill Gates made a machine that turns feces into drinkable water
- It’s In the Bag! Teenager Wins Science Fair, Solves Massive Environmental Problem
All music used in this episode is independently produced and licensed by Design Tomorrow for non-commercial use.
- Invicta, by Blue Dot Sessions
- Bloom, by r beny
- Electribe 2 Meets System 1, by r beny
- 4-Track Cassette Drone, by r beny
- Comma, by Blue Dot Sessions
Design Tomorrow is produced by Chris Butler at the Tomorrow office in Durham, NC.
Thanks for listening, and remember, what we do and think today can create a better tomorrow.