The Glove, the Display, and the Possible Future
Is technology a means to an end — the ladder we climb to a future we want to inhabit because it's better for us than the present — or is it as far as we let our minds and hearts go? In this episode of Design Tomorrow, we'll connect a few stories about technology that didn't make it in order to better understand the technological path our culture is on...
- Split-flap displays
- Saying Goodbye to Philadelphia's 30th Street Station's Iconic Flip Board
- BERG's Pixel Track
- BERG's archived home page
All music used in this episode is independently produced and licensed by Design Tomorrow for non-commercial use.
- Arbic Tallow, by Blue Dot Sessions
- Fall Creek Unit, by r beny
- Ervira, by Blue Dot Sessions
- Kalsted, by Blue Dot Sessions
- Arbinac, by Blue Dot Sessions
- Levanger, by Blue Dot Sessions
Design Tomorrow is produced by Chris Butler at the Tomorrow office in Durham, NC.
Thanks for listening, and remember, what we do and think today can create a better tomorrow.