The Delivery Manager Daily
Ep 34 - ChatGPT - The future of AI
Although I've given up on keeping count of episodes, this one's a good one. I talk about ChatGPT, I think its amazing but has ramifications for ongoing commoditization of software engineering in particular. We were worried robots & AI would take over manual labour jobs first, but it's looking like it's coming for knowledge workers. Are we just on another AI hype-cycle? Are you a graduate software engineer using ChatGPT to write your code? Are you running a side-hustle using Chat GPT? Follow me @dm_dailiy or @mariodc to join the conversation, go to the blog & watch the YouTube channel also.
View all episodes
48. System Design Thinking with Alex Rae41:56in this episode I talk to the awesome Alex Rae about System thinking. Check out the blog post here
47. Ace that delivery manager job interview with these answers19:41In this episode I wanted to quickly tackle how to answer some of the common interview questions I ask, get asked & hear people answer in my opinion incorrectly. Let me know what you think on X (@mariodc) & as always, thanks for listening.
46. What is a DM. AGAIN!17:44In this episode I sit by the virtual fire & chit chat with Matthias, a certified Scrum professional & aspiring Delivery Manager working in the tech healthcare startup scene in London. He talks to me about what he believes a DM should do, who they are & we cover some of the responsibilities a DM may have. In the podcast, I refer to a UK GOV resource which you can find here & talk about why I think its one of the best resources when it comes to describing what a Delivery Manager does. As always follow me on X (@mariodc) & get involved in the conversation. Thanks for listening.
45. Episode 45 - IT Strategies33:10In this episode I talk about a recent real world client scenario - the things I think about when implementing an IT strategy. Thinking carefully about this is really important & hopefully there's something of use in here for you. As always thanks for listening, don't get to reach out to me on X (Mariodc) & search for the deliverymanagerdaily for more.
44. Timezones & Treasure21:52in this episode, I wanted to be practical & continue the two-topics-per-podcast thing, so I talk about how as a DM the things I do to manage teams across MANY time zones, & then in the second part, some fantastic Agile resources just for you. Read the blog post Thank you so much for listening. Follow me on Twitter/X @mariodc
43. Ai bots for code, & how do I become a DM?33:11In this episode I talk about two things. a) How to become a DM - in 2023 you need a special set of skills to be a good DM. Someone recently asked me how they should get into the industry & I'd write a podcast about it. I talked about it more in this post hereb) Using Code Gen tools in your engineering teams. Something I see more & more in 23 is needing to wrangle engineering projects where the solution has often been written in part by Ai. What tools are out there, what problems will you face, & what will you need to do as a hands on Scrum Master.Thanks for listening, get involved at x.com/mariodc
42. Agile 10126:01In this short 30 minute episode I'll explain what Agile is. No question, no messing, in a way your mum would understand. Off the back of talking to folk who still ask 'so what is Agile then' & listening to many people get it wrong, here's my authoritative explanation on what Agile is.Think I'm wrong? Let me know via X @mariodc, dont forget to subscribe, subscribe to my new Agile newsletter, and I'll talk to you very soon.
41. Using Ai as a Delivery Manager23:56In this episode I crack the nut open on using Ai as a Delivery Manager. Whether its for help with creating slide decks, writing Epics & User Stories or more complex stuff like Monte Carlo simulations. I've observed Ai being used more & more by engineers, and now I'm starting to see it with us DM's too! Good idea? Bad idea? Let's find out. Follow me on Twitter/X @mariodc for more AND PLEASE SUBSCRIBE to my newsletter where I offer lots of DM resources
40. Ep 40 - T shaped & Fungible - the skills you should 'bolt on' as a DM in 202315:57in this post I wanted to talk about some of the broader technical capability & understanding & concepts Delivery Managers in 2023 will need to consider, when they take on their respective projects. From cloud management & orchestration to sustainability, the days of pushing a Gantt chart around have gone. Read below my thoughts on what DM’s need to know about in 2023.