EP 58: Kris Davant of Frollo
By June Ramli
Are you struggling to keep up to date with your finances? Well, if you are then this is the right podcasting episode for you.
Welcome to another episode of 30 minutes with DailyStraits.com. Our show today has got something to do with a money management app - Frollo.
With over 150,000 downloads to date, Frollo is a purpose-driven fintech that helps businesses use open banking data to deliver better customer outcomes right from reducing debt and increasing savings, to providing a better, more personalised customer experience.
Frollo’s app won Mozo’s best money management app of 2021, and it was recently featured on the Today show.
Today, we get to pick the brains of Kris Davant, the head of Product for Frollo and ask him first hand about the benefits of the app and how to best use it.
In this podcast, we discuss:
- On average, users save $1,100 when they sign up to Frollo’s app to manage their money - can you give us a real life example on how one can achieve this?
- With all the security breaches that have been happening in Australia lately, how safe is a customers’ data with Frollo?
- What are some of the benefits of using Frollo, as compared to budgeting traditionally either through a pen or paper or through Microsoft’s spreadsheet?
Without further ado, let’s invite Kris to the show to tell us more about the app.
View all episodes
9. Countdown to Tax Time23:16In this episode of "30 Minutes with DailyStraits.com," we have the privilege of hosting two esteemed representatives from Brother Australia, David Molloy, and Stephen Nicholls. David, the Pre Sales Solution Specialist, brings over 30 years of experience in the IT industry, while Stephen, the Managed Print Services (MPS) Specialist, has a proven track record in IT sales.Join us as we delve into Brother Australia's state-of-the-art printing technology and gain valuable insights into their vision for the future. We'll explore how Brother products can help businesses overcome increasing cloud storage costs, determine essential technology upgrades, streamline tax claim processes, enhance accounts payable and receivable departments, promote productivity in hybrid workplaces, and address the evolving needs of small businesses in the upcoming financial year.Tune in for an engaging conversation that will provide invaluable knowledge and expert advice for businesses seeking to optimize their printing solutions. We extend our sincere appreciation to David and Stephen for sharing their expertise on our podcast. Thank you for joining us on "30 Minutes with DailyStraits.com."
8. An Interview with ASWARA Vice Rector Professor Azril Ismail30:08By June RamliIn this episode of '30 minutes with DailyStraits.com,' host June Ramli speaks to Aswara vice rector Professor Azril Ismail about Malaysia's only higher learning institution for the performing arts, including the courses offered, benefits of getting a qualification from Aswara, and plans for the institution's future. The conversation also touches on issues such as the employability rates of Aswara graduates, the lack of accredited acting schools in Malaysia, and the proportion of students by race.
7. Podcast David Chiem of MindChamps01:03:09By June RamliWelcome to this episode of DailyStraits.com's 30 Minutes podcast. Today, we have an exciting guest, David Chiem, the founder of MindChamps, a leading education movement that has taken the world by storm. David's inspiring journey from rags to riches has made him a highly sought-after speaker and leader in the education industry.In this episode, we delve into the story of how David's champion mindset and background in the arts inspired him to create MindChamps, which has now expanded to over eight countries. We explore how he managed to build a successful brand in the highly competitive Singapore preschool space and what sets MindChamps apart from other preschool and enrichment centers in the market.David takes us through how MindChamps has evolved since its inception in 2008, and shares his plans for its future growth. He also walks us through his unique approach to education and the philosophy behind the MindChamps movement.As someone with a background in the arts, David explains how it has influenced his work in education and how he incorporates it into the MindChamps curriculum. We also discuss some of the challenges he faced while building and expanding MindChamps and how he overcame them.Finally, we talk about the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the education industry and what steps MindChamps has taken to adapt to the new normal.This is a fascinating episode that is sure to inspire and enlighten anyone interested in education, entrepreneurship, and the power of a champion mindset. Tune in to hear from David Chiem and learn more about the MindChamps movement.
6. Maldives Tourism Minister Affirms Safety for Visitors23:50By June RamliThe Maldives Minister of Tourism, Dr. Abdulla Mausoom, has confirmed in an exclusive interview with DailyStraits.com that the country is safe to visit and welcomes visitors from all backgrounds, including those on a budget. He assured the publication that even college students can experience the Maldives.In terms of connectivity from Australia, Dr. Mausoom hopes to have some positive news for those wanting to visit his country by next year. Currently, Malaysia’s Batik Air would start offering direct flights from Kuala Lumpur to the Maldives starting from June 23 this year.Tune into the entire interview here.
5. Podcast: Peter Petroulas of WhizButler30:59By June Ramli Welcome to this episode of our podcast, where we interview Peter Petroulas, a seasoned restaurateur with over 25 years of experience in the hospitality industry. Peter was previously the owner of the GPO Grand stable of restaurants, which were popular hotspots in Sydney's food scene. Today, we'll be discussing Peter's latest venture, WizButler, a unique digital restaurant booking system that streamlines operations and enhances customers' experiences. During the show, Peter shared insights into how restaurants can increase their revenue despite the current headwinds. He also discussed the concept of autonomous automation and how it can benefit restaurants, as well as how WizButler's booking system manages a restaurant's space. Additionally, Peter offered advice for restaurateurs looking to stay ahead of their competition and better meet customer requirements.Some of the questions that we asked Peter during the show included:What inspired you to start the WizButler digital platform for restaurants?How can dynamic menus and pricing help restaurants increase revenue during challenging times?How can restaurants integrate booking systems with ordering systems to create a completely blended system?Tune in to hear Peter's insightful responses and learn more about the innovative solutions that WizButler offers for the hospitality industry.
4. 30 Minutes with Bruce Poon Tip - The Last Tourist and Responsible Travel22:54Welcome to 30 minutes with DailyStraits.com. In today's episode, we are excited to be joined by Bruce Poon Tip, founder of G Adventures, a pioneer of community tourism, and executive producer of the critically acclaimed documentary "The Last Tourist." "The Last Tourist" is an eye-opening and thought-provoking documentary that highlights the consequences of mass tourism on the environment, wildlife, and local communities in 16 countries worldwide.As travel restrictions gradually ease up in the post-pandemic era, it's more important than ever to have a deeper understanding of the impact of travel on the destinations we visit. In this conversation, we explore how the documentary came to be, the challenges faced during production, the funding sources, and the age of the images used in the film.We also get to hear Bruce's perspective on why he, as a businessman in the travel industry, decided to produce a documentary that addresses the negative impacts of tourism. He shares his insights on how to be a responsible traveler, what role the tourism industry can play in promoting sustainable tourism practices, and how we can all make a positive impact on the places we visit.Finally, we ask Bruce to describe his vision of an ideal tourist and why every traveler should strive to be one. Tune in to hear a fascinating and insightful conversation with Bruce Poon Tip on responsible tourism, the future of travel, and how we can make a positive impact in the world."
3. Mama Movement Australia: Empowering Women to Exercise in Style28:51Mama Movement Australia is a clothing line that creates fashionable exercise outfits designed to help women feel confident and beautiful while they exercise. Founded by Faye Tan, the brand has gained popularity for its vibrant, colourful, and comfortable activewear. In this podcast, we delve into how Mama Movement Australia got started, the inspiration behind the brand's colourful activewear, how the company is making an impact in the fashion industry, and much more.
2. How to prevent money laundering and crime in Australian companies14:42Australia is currently the most vulnerable country in the developed world to the crime of money laundering. Alongside Haiti and Madagascar, Australia is one of the three countries worldwide that have not implemented Tranche 2, a tightening of anti-money laundering and counter terrorism financing laws that will regulate the law, accounting and real estate industries. With no regulatory framework or government support many Australian businesses don’t know how to best protect themselves and most importantly still don’t realise the risky nature of current processes. Our chat today is going to be with Auckland-based First AML founder and CEO Milan Cooper, whose global company offers a technology solution that helps businesses to protect themselves against crime now. In this podcast, we discuss:What is Tranche 2? Why is Australia lagging behind the rest of the developed world? Some money laundering scandals that have taken place in Australia and what could have been done to avoid it and much more. Without further ado, listen to the full interview here.
1. Podcast :Pablo Amirul of Air Force The Movie01:01:29By June RamliWelcome to DailyStraits.com first podcasting episode for the year! We are going to kickstart our series with a comprehensive interview with Malaysian celebrity Pablo Amirul on the pros and cons of being an actor in Malaysia. As a former banker turned full time actor based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, Pablo has acted in numerous films with the most notable one being Kampung Drift and Air Force The Movie: Selagi Bernyawa which is now available on Netflix including here in Australia. Our chat with Pablo today is going to revolve around on intricacies of being an actor in Malaysia. Also, as a disclaimer the interview will be conducted both in English and Malay. Without further ado, let’s listen and watch the interview here. #Podcast #Podcasting #Malaysia #Actor #DailyStraits #PabloAmirul #MalaysianActor #JuneRamli