A Discovery of Witches - Season 2, Episode 1
And off we go into 1590! Diana and Matthew make quite a splash into London! Their main mission: Find a teacher, and get Ashmole 782. In/out, and back to present time, right?! Yeah. No. There a few obstacles (real or perceived) that the duo must deal with. First, Kit -- he's not buying the fact that his BFF Matthew would take on a witch for a wife. Second, Matthew. He kind of forgot what it was he was actually doing and where he was doing it on this date in 1590 (spying, squirreling around, torturing er ... interrogating). Third, there's the matter of finding a teacher for Diana. Oh! And let's not forget that there's a menacing guy that Matthew works for, William Cecil aka Lord Burghley.
We loved that we got to meet our book faves, Kit, Henry, Walter, Pierre, Françoise, and Jack. And poor Diana! Just like Matthew, she's always up for a bad choice; it wouldn't be much of a story, otherwise. There's so much more, but we have it covered in the audio. Enjoy!
- Season 2 Shout Out! -- tell us your thoughts on this episode, the actors, the sets, or the series as a whole! It's up to you!
- Milo Twomey - Pierre
- Holly Aird - Françoise
- Adam Sklar - Henry Percy
- Michael Lindall - Sir Walter Raleigh
- Tom Hughes - (Kit Marlowe -- announced at All Souls Con -- see announcement)
- Joshua Pickering - Jack Blackfriers
- Adrian Rawlins - William Cecil
- Join us on Patreon (as little as $2 monthly will gain you access to extra episodes + different level incentives for those who join at higher tiers!)
- A Discovery of Witches TV News info (Continually updated; scenes, sets, trailer video, official photographs, casting + more)
- Become a Discusser (contact info located there as well)
- Email us directly: DaemonsDiscuss@gmail.com
- Call & Leave a voicemail! 1 (360) 519-7836 or hit us up on SpeakPipe
- Our Podcast Page: DaemonsDiscuss.com
- Our Main Site: DaemonsDomain.com
- Social Media: Twitter - @DaemonsDiscuss, Facebook - Daemons Discuss & Instagram - @daemonsdiscuss
- To join our private, listener-only Facebook group, apply here: Join Daemonic Discussers The "word" is "F*cking Firedrake"
- To see/hear all of our chapter reviews, check out this list: Chapter Review Episodes
- TV show reviews? Go here: A Discovery of Witches TV Reviews
- To check out all of our episodes go here: Daemons Discuss! Full Episode List
- Get your Daemon merch here: go.DaemonsDiscuss.com/shop -- and for 2020, our enamel FTSIO pins (+ masks and T-shirts) can be found here: go.DaemonsDiscuss.com/FTSIO2020
*DISCLAIMER: Daemons Discuss! (by extension, Daemons Domain) is independent, non-profit, and is not affiliated with BadWolf, SkyOne, NowTV, SundanceNow, Shudder or any of the production/broadcast entities associated with A Discovery of Witches. All audio clips from the show/soundtrack during our episode reviews are used strictly for commentary; categorically, according to U.S. copyright law, this method falls under Fair Use.
* Intro music: "Ghost Dance" (edited down to second chorus) by Kevin Macleod, licensed for use by Creative Commons.
* Outro music: Rimsky-Korsakov - "Scheherazade Symphonic Suite for Orchestra Op.35 - IV. Allegro molto," Public domain/copyright-free.
* All other music used is licensed via several different royalty-free sources (as are sound effects).
* "Save it for the Show" segment introduction voice-over by Devyn Grendell
* Cover art (+ all variations associated w/ it): © Daemons Domain
* The Daemons Discuss podcast is hosted and produced by the owners (Angela, Jean and Valerie) of Daemons Domain and can also be found by entering the url http://www.DaemonsDiscuss.com in your browser, (listed on the various podcast syndicates like iTunes, Stitcher, etc.) which will redirect you back to the parent site, Daemons Domain.
* FTC: Our podcast episodes are solely sponsored by listeners via Patreon.
* Our episode titles are a loving tribute to the show "Friends" just 'cause we love Friends and - let's face it - it's easier! Here's how one of the show creators explains their reasoning:
Jeff Greenstein: "When Marta & David & Jeff & I did 'Dream On', we used to spend a lot of time thinking about titles, because they were on-screen at the top of each episode. On "Friends", we decided that was a waste of time. We figured, why not name each episode after the thing that people will ostensibly be talking about around the water-cooler the next day?"